Author Topic: over heating  (Read 11716 times)

Robert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
Re: over heating
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 12:45:27 AM »
First of all replace the thermostat, or put it in on the stove with a thermometer to see when it opens. You may have to install a access point at the highest point of the cooling system, to make sure that all of the air has been purged. You always want to pull your air through the radiator. You may want to check the impeller on the water pump. Is the pump electric?, is it working? Good luck!
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

msaby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 10:59:30 PM »
Are you sure you purged all the air out of the cooling system?  What temp does your fan turn on? 

Mike

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 10:24:23 PM »
Shroud is critical. Also you may try this stuff. You can run up to 20 degrees cooler.   http://www.hyperlube.com/c3/Super-Coolant-c8.html

Digibeam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 10:23:17 PM »
Also make sure there is a thermostat or some type of restricter in the flow. Or the rad will just be an entertainment device for you to play around with.
And just to be sure,  your water pump is functioning correct?    I have seen impellers slip on the shaft of water pumps that otherwise seemed to be working fine....
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 10:28:40 PM by Digibeam »

aeauto

• Liked: 33
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 08:35:41 PM »
How big is the radiator you have now?  More frontal area is better than thicker.  Put the largest fan you can fit on the back side of the radiator.  Make sure it has a shroud.  If the fan is in front it will actually block some of the air flow.  Make sure that the air has somewhere to go after it goes through the radiator.  You cannot get it in if there is no place for it to exit.  You might need some ducting in front to direct the air through the radiator.

timmer

• Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
over heating
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 08:22:53 PM »
I finally bought a Diablo replicia .. Beautiful car in and out..  Was told no overheating issues and long story short ,  overheating.    the car is running a lS TPI corvette engine,
the radiator in the front has a fan on it blowing into the radiator .. my garage guy thought
maybe reverse the fan to suck the air away instead of into it,  and that didnt work.  It blew the heating coil yesterday and we did a bypass on it,  but now seems to over heat quick..
whats  a  good set up on a Diablo  ?  any help would be appriciated 

Tim