Author Topic: looking for a kit in canada  (Read 1757 times)

lance345

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: looking for a kit in canada
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2014, 10:14:43 PM »
Hello,

I'm also in Canada and got my kit from CKI. I used their recommended shipping company and even the person mentioned on the site. She was very helpful and after some calling around I found their price pretty competitive. I got quotes from a couple of brokers and ended up using A & A Import. I let the shipping company know the broker, and vice versa, and the only problem we had was they wanted my address, not the address of where it was being shipped. Took one email to fix. Kit arrived no problem for me.

The big thing to be aware of (and CKI was good about this) is that the invoice needs to declare they are "body panels", and that they are "Made in the USA" to avoid duty.

Hope this helps at all.

Digibeam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 11:47:08 PM »
End of the day with all in I paid almost $10,000,   3.5 years ago for the body, the shipping and the brokerage, border etc.

You really need your own brokerage or know someone who has one to get that sort of expense across the border, also the way it's classified and listed will dictate wether or not the dot get involved.
The second they see the word "car" they become involved and pretty hard to shake them after that.
Plastic panels go a long way in the description.
Let me know if you plan that route and I will give you all the info you need to get the body over safe and legal without issue.

farmer

• Liked: 21
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 11:36:21 PM »
id like to see some pics of the race panels you can send them to my email www.supercharged44@hotmail.com

CKI has a company that ships into canada and takes care of all the brokerage for me, im just waiting on a price for all the shipping costs

farmer

Digibeam

• Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 10:11:34 PM »
I bought my body from CKI, then had the great fun getting it through customs/ border etc.  but if you do your brokerage correctly and all your shipping and paper work is in order it should not be an issue.
Other than that, I do not know of any Canadian supplier of that model.

redhammer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 40
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 10:07:41 PM »
not sure if you are interested but I have an oem rgt race car body panels for a coupe which  for sale that is oem specs. I can send some pictures

farmer

• Liked: 21
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
looking for a kit in canada
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 09:26:47 PM »
hi guys

im looking to build  a murcy kit  and im looking for an accurate repop of the body so i can have an accurate build, it will be built on a tube chassis. and im looking for a coupe body, lp640 is what im looking for

thanks in advance guys
Farmer