Author Topic: Paddle Shift Setup Diary (Automatic Transmission)  (Read 22252 times)

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
Re: Seabring Column Paddle Shifter
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 10:04:46 AM »
Ok not much other then the obvious here, just getting things where they will work and clear everything. For the pivot I went to lowes and got 2- 2" small push pens (ill try to find a picture later) I tach welded them in place directly in between the 2 screws on each paddle, allowing the paddles to swivel with aprox 1/4 in swivel each way.

Several things to note here when getting your paddles setup. Your turn signal lever will need to clear the paddle for a right turn, also need to insure that you can engage your high beam lights and last the paddles need to set out far enough to clear the center of the steering wheel.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:33:23 AM by usmc_butler »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
Paddle Shift Setup Diary (Automatic Transmission)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 10:01:22 AM »
This thread will be my ongoing progress of my paddle shifter setup for my Seabring Column. Helpful input will be accepted however this is one of those threads where everybody has there own opinion of what they think is "Right Way". So unless you have something helpful or beneficial to add, your post will be deleted. I know things can always be done "better" or "approved upon" so this is just one way of doing this.

First thing I did was make a templet that would act as my base plate that fit inside of the column cover, added 4 holes where the original airbag sensor originally screwed to, then test fit where I wanted the paddles to sit, I used the Plasma and cut the base out of 16 gauge sheet metal and test fit it with the column cover.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 12:03:01 PM by usmc_butler »