Author Topic: LP640 GTR-FX Roadster  (Read 25298 times)

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Re: LP640 GTR-FX Roadster
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 07:05:36 PM »
This is to give you an idea what a R-GT looks like.

Chris
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 07:08:08 PM by No Bull »

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
LP640 GTR-FX Roadster
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 07:00:30 PM »
Ok guys, I've finally decided that it's time to share my build diary.  The first thing I need to come clean on is that I'm really in no rush to build my car and I'm going to enjoy the journey as much as the finished product.  As I've wrote in my Bio, this has been my dream since a teenager and it's always been an important motivator in my life to do better and be able to finally afford to build the car of my dreams. 

I bought my car as a partial project from Ebay and I've spent the last three years examining it closely and deciding on what style it'll be and what parts of the build I'd redo to my standards.  What I've decided to build is a LP640 GTR-FX Roadster which is a fantasy car that Lamborghini never built but I think should be. 

Basically the R-GT was the Lamborghini born racing coupes and the FX stands for Factory Experimental since it's a roadster and mine will be powered by a V6 rather than a V12.  My vision for the car is to create a street version of a Lamborghini roadster "race car" that looks like it just stepped off the track.  Peggyontherunireland is building a GTR coupe and I've heard of others thinking of building a Diablo version.

I'll go into more detail later about the build, but here are the high level details:

- G28L Roadster body improved with a combination of OEM, Watson and body panels from Rob.
- OEM grills, emblems, taillights, third brake light, horns, rear spoiler and various other little parts.
- OEM bolt pattern aftermarket rims from an actual LP640.
- Functional door handles
- Spare (race inspired) interior with lots of toggle switches and carpet delete.
- Integrated roll hoops in the headrests.
- Pontiac F40 six speed manual transmission.
- Super Charged 3800 engine (350 - 400 HP at the wheels)
- Fully functional rear spoiler and bat wings.
- Rear mounted radiators.
- Custom build rear frame (Fiero rear frame is gone).
- Headers with Borla Boomer mufflers.
- Vinyl wrapped body with racing decals, racing number and racing stripe.
- Carbon fiber accents on the bat wing openings, rear muffler panel, headlight brows and drivers side rocker vent.
- Folding side mirrors.
- Detachable Momo steering wheel.
- Racing fuel cell.
- Racing inspired quick fill gas cap.
- Full harness seat belts.
- Integrated radar detector.
- 14" discs with dual piston calipers
- HT widened front suspension.
- Air assisted front lifting shocks.
- Custom reinforced front frame.
- Rollers under the nose and functional toe bar connector in the passenger grille.
- Rear mounted camera.
- External "pod style" racing gauges.
- Bad weather top for emergency use.
- Plexiglass "bolt on" side windows with small slider windows (big enough to pass a drivers license thru)  ::police

As it stands, I have a budget of around $55,000 set for my car of which I've spent roughly $30k of that so far.  I'm building my car to own and drive for a long time and the quality is important to me from both a safety and reliability standpoint.

More to come...   ::headbang

Chris
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 10:08:22 PM by No Bull »