Author Topic: LP640 GTR-FX Roadster  (Read 25294 times)

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
Re: LP640 GTR-FX Roadster
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2014, 10:00:59 PM »
Those carbon pieces are really well made, they are going to look very nice on your car.
Pedro

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2014, 09:27:42 PM »
Update on my build.

Frank (aka Digibeam) sent me a couple new carbon fiber parts for my car.  I've attached pictures of them.  The scoop is a carbon fiber overlay on top of fiberglass and the headlight washer covers are a composite material.  I asked him to try and match the carbon fiber pattern of my rear spoiler and he did a really good job.  They really shine and have a nice depth to them in the light.  I took a picture of the small scoop inserted into one of Watson's parts and it fits pretty good.  It will fit even better with some trimming (it's supposed to stick out more). 

I've also been working on my instrument cluster and I'm converting my separate Speedhut gauges into a single customized cluster.  The main reason for this is that I've picked up a carbon fiber cluster surround from FGP (pictures attached) and I've decided to go with more of a OEM appearance.  I'm attaching a picture of the new cluster layout so please feel free to make suggestions. 

I now have OEM door hinges that I found at a really good price and I picked up a OEM drivers side LP640 mirror and looking for a OEM passenger side mirror.  I continue working on my headlight buckets (pictures to follow soon) and I'm working on a factory appearing rear view camera that will sit inside the OEM rear grille.

That's it for now guys..  ::thumbup

Chris
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 10:14:42 PM by No Bull »

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2013, 09:08:33 PM »
Updates on ur build Chris ??

And .. Where did u get that removable top from? Any pics of it you can share?

No updates other than working on some of the electrical stuff (postings to follow soon).  I've been busy with an investment property and work.  The top is actually a splashed aftermarket top for an OEM car.  I bought it as part of a package deal and realized how different it was from a G28 after I got it home.  I've been working on a deal with another member who has the molds to pull one for a G28 and I hope it fits better than the one I have.  I'll probably end up picking which of the two I like best and having it covered in carbon fiber. 

Chris

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2013, 08:56:42 PM »
Looks sweet Is he still around to make more engine hatches?

Tommy is still selling them on EBay. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini-Murcielago-Engine-Deck-lid-/221236840361?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3382be47a9&vxp=mtr

These parts were splashed from an OEM cover which is made of carbon fiber.  Since these parts are pulled in fiberglass, you'll need to expect the part to be a little thicker than a OEM panel would be and this does affect how the grilles sit in the openings (not as flush).  If you buy one of these panels, make sure you ask if the panel is bonded together (two parts) and if it is, was any hinge reinforcements put inside the panel before it was bonded together.  I didn't buy my panel from Tommy so I'm not sure if he adds anything in there or not or if he even sells the parts already bonded together.

Chris
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 08:59:25 PM by No Bull »

am33r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2013, 08:38:34 PM »
Updates on ur build Chris ??

And .. Where did u get that removable top from? Any pics of it you can share?

Nitemare

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2013, 01:41:07 PM »
Looks sweet Is he still around to make more engine hatches?

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2013, 04:02:32 PM »
More engine cover pictures.

Chris

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2013, 04:00:27 PM »
Pictures of my OEM splashed roadster engine cover that I bought from Cliff.  The last picture is obviously of a painted OEM panel on a Lamborghini, and I posted it for reference.

Chris
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 04:03:49 PM by No Bull »

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2013, 02:52:35 PM »
Wanted to show everyone the gauges I bought today and an idea for my interior.  I want to do a cross between mild OEM and Track Car.

The gauges are from SpeedHut.com and all three with shipping was around $775.00

I went with these for the following reasons:

1. Cost
2. 4" GPS speedometer (highly accurate and no calibration or extra cables)
3. Digital + Analog readouts.
4. High contrast colors (fully customizable on their site)
5. 160 - 200 or 260 MPH Speedometer (Yes.. I plan on driving this fast!  ::tongue ) Can order in KPH also.
6. Large 4" tach that goes with the speedo.
7. Hi beam indicator, turn signals, shift light, all included and integrated in one package.
8. Single multi gauge for oil pressure, voltage, fuel and water temp.
9. Night glow is built in (no overlays etc).
10. Low profile gauge design that will fit nicely into a modified Lambo cluster (between 1" - 2" tall).
11. You can add your own logo and that's how I turned mine into  ::LAMBO2 gauges.   ::headbang
12. Can order in clockwise or counter clockwise needle operation.

Or yes.. did I mention that they are easy to install?   ::toothy  Everything is standalone and they don't require connections to factory wiring harness or ECU connections when you use separate temperature, oil pressure sensors. 

Attached is a picture of an idea I have for my interior and a video that shows more details on the speedo.

Speedhut Inc. GPS Speedometer Demonstration

Chris

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2013, 06:50:23 AM »
I can't wait for my bumpers, John has had so many health issues he never got to them. I've been wanting a new engine hatch but there's no suppliers.

MDMurcy2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2013, 07:47:34 PM »
Chris, where will you be getting your engine cover from?  I really had considered this part, since the G28 one is so labor intensive.   I would really like this engine cover to look nice and especially if I could use the OEM grilles I have and actually fit the holes they were designed for.  This and the front bumper were the ones I have considered replacing.  Can you PM me the info?

Thanks
Mitch.
Keep dreamin if you want to, I'm building mine!  And I'm almost done!

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2013, 06:26:53 PM »
Is that an OEM bumper?

Technically OEM would mean Original Equipment Manufacturer and would imply that the part came from the Lamborghini.  This bumper is actually a John Watson (AD) LP640 fiberglass bumper that was made from original shaped and sized molds.  Many of his panels have ended up on original Lamborghini's needing replacement parts.  The AD bumper will fit on a G28 body with some trimming and slight modifications which include cutting the one piece bumper from the G28 and creating mounting flanges on the body to access the bolt on bumper.  I'm also using AD rockers, side vents, bat wings, rear bumper and rear spoiler panel.  I have someone making me a OEM splashed roadster engine cover (inside and outside panels) and we'll see if he wants his identify shared after it's done (has ended up being more work than expected).  Bart made the G28 guys a inner panel for the front bonnet which means that panels will look as finished and complete open as they do closed.

With so little of the G28 body left, if doing it again, I would've went with a custom frame and bought a complete AD body package.  I really wanted a roadster so I decided to combine the best of both and base everything around the G28. 

Nothing beats using OEM grilles in a panel that is made to hold them perfectly and even has the places molded in to hold the clips and screws.  :)

Chris
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 06:28:51 PM by No Bull »

Rebirth

• A.K.A. Darkprince
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
  • If it's not perfect, It's not done!
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2013, 08:28:03 AM »
Is that an OEM bumper?
I have a dream, that one day we will not be judged by the supplier of our kits but by the content of the build!

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2013, 09:58:11 PM »
I went down to my shop today to find a part and I had to take a snapshot of everything just sitting there waiting for me and a couple warm days.   8)

Enjoy

Chris

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2012, 06:49:47 PM »
I was playing around today with Photoshop and electronically added my new bumper to my car to see what the differences would be.

Chris