How To - Tips > Frame

American supercar chassis with naerc suspenision

(1/3) > >>

Rob James:
Hey Farmer, this guy might have what you're looking for. Looks like he's working on OCD-9110 section, but he might have other plans?  http://www.kitcentral.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=printview&t=10904&start=0 Best of luck!

Rob,  ::beers

farmer:
hey guys im still looking for the OCD-9010-06 drawing, i have found one from the internet but i cant make out the dimensions in the pic. im getting ready to start my suspension fab and if anybody would have a legible copy of this  it would be greatly appreciated

thanks

farmer:
ok so i have had the change to measure up my frame and compare it against the naerc chassis these two cars are almost identical in dimensions. the variations are actually quite minimal with mabye 3/4"  difference in mounting points. So i am 100% positive the nearc suspension will work on this chassis with very small changes to the mounting points. 

this being said i dont seem to have the naerc document odc-9010-06.  this document has all the key specs to the frame including the front and rear hub width. if anybody has this page could i get it from  you
thanks

BigPines:
You should consider a complete Corvette suspension system. It is a proven design that has had millions of dollars in R&D thrown at it. Off-the-shelf parts are always nice in case you need to do repairs at some point in the future. I have seen a complete set for four wheels go for ~$2K on eBay.

Of course you have to get the mounting points / geometry right but that is the "easy" part.

farmer:
thank you for the reply.  the "looks about right " plan is not what i am going for. but i do understand what you are saying, the chassis suspension mounting points between the two chassis are very similar in design and application. i will be doing alot of measuring and re-measuring  of everything to make sure it all works out properly. everything that i do for this car will be documented in my build thread and if i go astray im sure somebody will be able to put me back on track. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version