Author Topic: American supercar chassis with naerc suspenision  (Read 6034 times)

Rob James

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
Re: American supercar chassis with naerc suspenision
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2015, 06:21:09 PM »
Hey Farmer, this guy might have what you're looking for. Looks like he's working on OCD-9110 section, but he might have other plans?  http://www.kitcentral.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=printview&t=10904&start=0 Best of luck!

Rob,  ::beers

farmer

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 21
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2014, 05:59:22 PM »
hey guys im still looking for the OCD-9010-06 drawing, i have found one from the internet but i cant make out the dimensions in the pic. im getting ready to start my suspension fab and if anybody would have a legible copy of this  it would be greatly appreciated

thanks

farmer

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 09:17:47 AM »
ok so i have had the change to measure up my frame and compare it against the naerc chassis these two cars are almost identical in dimensions. the variations are actually quite minimal with mabye 3/4"  difference in mounting points. So i am 100% positive the nearc suspension will work on this chassis with very small changes to the mounting points. 

this being said i dont seem to have the naerc document odc-9010-06.  this document has all the key specs to the frame including the front and rear hub width. if anybody has this page could i get it from  you
thanks

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 09:12:03 AM »
You should consider a complete Corvette suspension system. It is a proven design that has had millions of dollars in R&D thrown at it. Off-the-shelf parts are always nice in case you need to do repairs at some point in the future. I have seen a complete set for four wheels go for ~$2K on eBay.

Of course you have to get the mounting points / geometry right but that is the "easy" part.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

farmer

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 02:21:39 AM »
thank you for the reply.  the "looks about right " plan is not what i am going for. but i do understand what you are saying, the chassis suspension mounting points between the two chassis are very similar in design and application. i will be doing alot of measuring and re-measuring  of everything to make sure it all works out properly. everything that i do for this car will be documented in my build thread and if i go astray im sure somebody will be able to put me back on track. 

Digibeam

• Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 11:35:22 PM »
Anything can fit anything is a very broad statement.... I fit a 8-71 blown dual feed nitros injected 70 vette lt block into a 80's  S-10  with a nascar plate, Didn't make it right nor was it easy or practical.

The chassis design has to compliment the mount points of the suspension, as well meet the offset required for the body and rims/tires involved.
If you believe you can just take any chassis design part and throw it at a different chassis not designed for the job, I am very eager to see how it all works out on the first hard corner...  I'm not doubting you but I am feeling you may be entertaining some issues down the road.
Chassis design is a very involved process and minor differences can be beneficial or catastrophic .
Unless you are using something like "inventor" software and stressing the final chassis design based on known factors I would be hesitant to just use a "looks about right" theory... Just my two cents, but I don't want to see anyone make an error that could be avoided.

farmer

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 11:04:30 PM »
I will do all the fab here at my place, I have the naerc plans to go from, should go smoothly

Graeme Stebbing

• Liked: 30
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 09:53:10 PM »
hi I have about 70 photos of the chassis with suspension if that's any help, just drop me a email stebbing42@hotmail.com and I can send what I have looks like they were custom made.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 10:03:50 PM by lambo »

Big maestro

• Liked: 6
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 09:45:16 PM »
There was a guy named bobby on kit central that said he could build the suspension and the mounts. It was around $17-$1800.00. That was bushings and all. I havent talked to him for sometime. I started a thread over there asking about the suspension and he answered. The chassis plans were alot simpler to read and build from what I could tell but I never got a chance to build either. I will be able to start another build one day I hope. Good luck

farmer

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 07:36:31 PM »
Anything can fit anything, but from what I can see the ascc suspension is not as good in my opinion. And I can't find the drawings for the ascc suspension. So I'm looking for info to install the naerc suspension on my chassis. Key measurements like placement of the front suspension for proper geometry. I know this is the most important thing to get right and I know with all the guys here I can do it right the first time.

Digibeam

• Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 10:23:07 AM »
Will it fit?.....

farmer

American supercar chassis with naerc suspenision
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 08:50:03 AM »
with my purchase of my ASCC chassis i did not get any suspension with it and i cant seem to find the specs online for the ASCC arms and hubs, so i think i will use the NAERC suspension for this frame. I have heard of other guys on these forums doing this and before i go ahead and start with this If anybody here has done this if they can let me know of any issues that they came across or any tips to doing this, it would be greatly appreciated

thanks