Author Topic: about a car I'm buying.  (Read 7225 times)

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
Re: about a car I'm buying.
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2014, 10:50:32 AM »
Ah shucks. Thanks guys!
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2014, 09:13:47 AM »
well it resembles it, that doesn't make it a close copy but it can be made in to a nice car.
It's not only about looks it's about difficulty and cost in completing it compared to the g28.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 11:36:03 AM by Tallon »

nickmkk

• Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • Cloquet, MN
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2014, 08:21:17 AM »
Isn't the merci 1 a pretty close copy of the first murcielago body style?  If so what's wrong with that?

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2014, 08:02:33 AM »
21!  :P
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2014, 07:45:22 AM »
Thanks Fatboyslim but I'm not any more respected here than anyone else. I'm just another guy who likes to build things but I haven't even really gotten into full swing with my own build yet. I have learned a lot more from others on this board than any wisdom I have to impart.
20 positive member ratings say otherwise!  ::salute

BigPines

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2014, 12:45:58 AM »
Thanks Fatboyslim but I'm not any more respected here than anyone else. I'm just another guy who likes to build things but I haven't even really gotten into full swing with my own build yet. I have learned a lot more from others on this board than any wisdom I have to impart.

Yes, the Murcy2 is more accurate than the Murcy1 but there is no one right way to do a replica. The secret is to built it right for you. I'll be interested to see what william decides to do.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 12:58:07 AM by BigPines »

Fatboyslim

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
  • Lamborghini Addiction
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2014, 12:32:41 AM »
Hi william, as you can see everyone has their own opinions including myself wich is fine, keeps this place fun and interesting. Just remember, when you do something you want to do it right. im sure most all the builders here can agree to that..even highly respected Big Pines expresses that in his display words and hes very well respected here. Doing it right doesnt mean settling for less, everyone knows that body is a murci1 wich very few builders would purchase nowadays or even waste their time using in their build, that is a fact. No one here that i know of on this forum is currently using one in their build and its for a reason. Murci2 (G28) body's are pretty easy and cheap to get these days, since some guys have expressed interest in buying your Murci1 body, jump on that offer and sell them your body only and use the money to put towards a murci2. Building a car with the murci1 reminds me of a builder who builds cars that dont quite look right, the name is called Z an M customs go look at their aventador on youtube it just doesnt look right. Your murci1 has the same effect bro i promise you. I give you another example..you put thousands of your hard earned money into this car and thousands of hours of your time and then you are ready to paint the car..should you settle for less and go to maaco and get the paint job done cheaper? or should you save a little longer and get the superior 2 stage paint job that is show quality? Of course dont settle for less in anything you do especially when you put all your savings and time and energy and passion into a car.  You got a great chassis and parts to build a nice car, dont ever settle for less..build something you know is done right and looks right. dont think about doing your "next build" better, do THIS build better. This is your baby, make it friggen bad azz! you can do it!  ::thumbup  P.S sorry i write too much, im bored out of my mind here theres nothing to do here  :)
                                   Randy
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 12:35:28 AM by Fatboyslim »

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2014, 08:31:59 PM »
William I think it looks good, I don't care about it looking exact

If you can get it running and driving , with an automatic transmission ill buy it from you- if the price is as good as you got it for. Then you can focus on building a more authentic one

My advice is dont start ripping this perfectly good car apart . Finish it and go exact in a different car

BigPines

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2014, 12:39:02 PM »
Welcome to the obsession / addiction william.  ::thumbup

redhammer

• Liked: 40
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2014, 10:01:17 AM »
William, I have this for sale i thought it may work for you.
let me know if you are interested.
http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=2180.15
I'm only asking $6000

william

• Liked: 39
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2014, 08:32:38 AM »
Hey Tallon it's funny you said "become obsessed" I only have maybe 10 post on the fourms and I'm already see myself getting their lol.

Yeah I can see the real ones look like they are slimmer,  looks like that on the murci 2 also, we'll to me anyway.  The kits seem to look bulky, am I right on that on is my eyes playing with me?

Also it's funny because I mostly wanted this for a small show room floor I have in this building I picked up for my business,  but now I have slowly sold myself into I want it looking as perfect as I'm able to get it, i even started thinking about how to get power windows etc, and now that people are saying it's ugly I'm really thinking about the next one I can get after this lol I'm already obsessed.

Man plus everyone on this set of fourms has been amazing for advice and true opinion,  had I not found this place I would have probably got ripped.

Randy actually called me just to school me a little on who to trust who not to trust, it was a nice welcome.

Tallon

• Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2014, 07:23:34 AM »
Well it depends what "on point" means to you and what you are happy with. To me it could never be on point compared to the $100k+ car it attempts to resemble but you'd pretty much be selling it to another person who looks at it in the same way you do. A g28 could look close to a real murcie if done right. It's all about what you want so I don't agree with people telling you to do or to NOT do one or the other. If you want to know the differences, it'll take some time but if you look at enough pictures of the real thing for long enough, you'll know the car inside and out. Although, the more enlightened you are you may get picky on what you want your car to look like and become obsessed :D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 07:50:33 AM by Tallon »

william

• Liked: 39
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2014, 10:48:49 PM »
Hey Randy!  I'm a little slow when it comes to names, I couldn't remember,  I wanted to tell you thanks, with a little schooling me up and direction you help make it happen for me thanks.

Yeah the side mirror's looked like they may have just been ripped off lol so I asked about them and his response was "your the body man" yet at times he was super cool lol but he was willing to come down for me I took your advice and it worked.

What I wanted to do was finish the other 20% of this car and re sell it and buy a better one, i looked bat the car in person it looked way better than the pictures,  because at first I was skeptical I thought it looked off as well. If I can do that I would much rather, that's why I'm trying to see how off it is, i been looking at murci 1s all day and because I don't have the eye for it like you guys it's hard for me to know much of the difference,  that's why I'm coming b to you guys in hope you can direct be on getting this car on track so I can flip it maybe.

I don't need to make a life savings but more than I paid for it. So right now it needs to be lowered getting rid of the space between the wheel well and the tire?

Fatboyslim

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
  • Lamborghini Addiction
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2014, 09:48:54 PM »
Hi william ::wave, nice to see you bought that car.. did you see what i mean about that guy? hehe.. anyway have fun with the build, alot of work has been done to that car already but the big decision is now should you scrap the murci1 body and get a murci2 body instead? In my opinion the answer is yes, listen bro if your going to put hundreds if not thousands of hours of your hard work and money into a Lambo make sure your time and money is well spent so its all worth it in the end. If you keep that body you will save money because alot of work has already been done but you will always as in always have people tell you it looks weird and doesnt quite look right, not to mention it will have zero resale value. The guy selling that car owes me a big thank you because hes been trying to sell that car since joe montana was a quarterback and i referred you to him.. im joking but seriously that body is verrrry inaccurate and will cause you to be laughed at by some people. We dont want that, we want to be proud of our cars right?. My advice to you is that you have come this far, so save a little bit more and buy a G28 body (murci2) and do it right so you can stand back and look at it and smile you'll be glad you did. Yes you will have to spend more money on glass, grilles and such but its all worth it in the end trust me on that. You dont have to go to CKI to buy a body, theres also a very nice and professional guy named jaimey whos website is lamboreplicaforsale.com he has very nice G28 bodies and he will not burn you. You got a great start there buddy! im happy for you!  ::thumbup

Randy
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 10:11:28 PM by Fatboyslim »

notnilc20

• Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2014, 08:50:56 PM »
I'd leave it as is too and just fix the inards. Also it's amazing how a couple of side view mirrors will balance these cars out front to back. Just don't mount them at a 45 degree angle like some do. Lower the suspension and you're good to go. Sounds oh so easy huh?  ;)