Author Topic: AGP auto glass  (Read 2180 times)

JJS SE30

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 19
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
Re: AGP auto glass
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 10:07:19 PM »
Hey Thanks BigPines.   Your are correct I am looking for glass unless there is absolutely none available.   I think there is some AGP glass (quarter windows) out there I just gotta track some down.  If anyone got a lead it would be greatly appreciated.   Thxs

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 09:48:15 AM »
I believe Mark Clapp's "glass" is actually plastic. It sounds like you are looking for real glass so I thought I would mention it.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

JJS SE30

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 09:04:07 AM »
Randy that sounds good.  Do you know if Marks prices are around the same as AGP's for the quarter glass?  I do have some door glass and it is laminate but with some patience and the proper material/equipment you can cut it with a sandblaster.  I think my door windows are exact fit thou because there is currently AGP glass in there now but the car was vandalized before I purchase it so the glass is damaged :'.  Let me know if you find that number, I am motivated to buy the quarter glass from whomever may have it for sale(preferably AGP brand glass).  I think 01Lambiero(Jim) has got a windshield if your looking for one.  Thxs Again J

Fatboyslim

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
  • Lamborghini Addiction
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 11:56:38 PM »
They do have door glass in stock for coupes and roadsters both, but i think in tempered glass only meaning you cannot alter the glass in anyway unless you have a broom and dustpan handy. I think i misunderstood your question sorry.. yes the lady i spoke to said if theres enough demand they will do it again for all the glass laminated and tempered both. Theres another way to get quarter glass through a man name mark clapp. I can give you his number i just have to find it.  ::thumbup
                                                                Randy
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 11:59:13 PM by Fatboyslim »

JJS SE30

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 11:41:39 PM »
Randy, do you know if the demands are high if AGP are going to make the quarter glass for the Diablo's as well or if they have any old stock around??  Thxs J

Fatboyslim

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
  • Lamborghini Addiction
AGP auto glass
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 10:28:49 PM »
For all you builders that have Diablos just wanted to let you know i spoke with jeanine at AGP today and they may start stocking Diablo windshields again if the demand is high enough. The laminated windshields were going for about $375 plus crating and shipping she said but there might be a slight increase to cover the cost of a warehouse and employee to package and ship them. Im thinking that even if the windshields were $100 more would still be worth it dont you think? it all comes down to how many people contact them asking and showing interest. ::thumbup
                                       Randy