Author Topic: Hello,  (Read 2532 times)

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
Re: Hello,
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2014, 05:33:34 AM »
If you're going for a murci with a removeable top, you're going to have wind leaks around the roof and windshield , you'll get wet when it rains , you can't use a automated car wash without risking your engine/ electronics getting wet and damaged , etc. 

Working side windows are rare on murci replicas . Try leaving your current cars windows down everytime you park and notice how you must act different - never have anything of value inside the car , etc.

Besides the wind noise, turning radius issue ,no power steering issue if you're car is fiero based,  there are numerous drivability issues driving a stretched and widened car at freeway speeds or higher. You have no more crash protection in the doors and maybe little behind the fiberglass bumper covers

kit cars are generally pretty unsafe and are made for looks and slow cruising on nice weather days only , as I said there are compromises

SoTo

• Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2014, 09:50:50 PM »
Tusabes is right as a few things are different, although I really don’t know about most replicas – I only drove one other replica besides mine.

My car now has a 12" wider track and 10" longer wheel base; it’s like having a wide ford mustang-length car with a rear mounted engine.  The MR2 is a sport-spirited car and my car still feels like that.  You want to be attentive to how you drive for a while until you get used to the new vehicle format and feel fully in control.  Your turning radius increases and you probably can't turn the wheels to the extreme that they used to turn - but that's not a big deal unless you're into U-turns a lot.

I chose the 95 MR2 because it offers a wide selection essential driving and comfort amenities; it has native power steering, tilt wheel, abs brakes, AC, cruise control, power brakes, and wide range of available adjustable coil overs in addition to after-market sliding seats brackets.  All electronics & systems work on the fully functional cluster, and all my native buttons work for lighting, windshield wiper, etc. the same as before.  I am updating the cluster with LED light and a newer speedometer/gauges plate.  All these combined should give comfort and control close to your regular modern vehicle...

Then for that kind of investment I want to use my car year-long so I have a windshield wiper.  If you choose a roadster then you may want more - which is also what I am doing. This week I am making a sturdy driving removable soft top (I made a thread for that here last week), and once I’m done with that I will add removable door windows that plug-in in seconds via fasteners.

Hopefully my story helps you in your journey

It sure did help! I am going for a Murci. So I can just have the top on and if I wanted to just get it off. But, I still have a little to save up that's why I'm just getting ideas and learning more so I can buy one wisely without not knowing one thing!

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2014, 09:27:59 PM »
Tusabes is right as a few things are different, although I really don’t know about most replicas – I only drove one other replica besides mine.

My car now has a 12" wider track and 10" longer wheel base; it’s like having a wide ford mustang-length car with a rear mounted engine.  The MR2 is a sport-spirited car and my car still feels like that.  You want to be attentive to how you drive for a while until you get used to the new vehicle format and feel fully in control.  Your turning radius increases and you probably can't turn the wheels to the extreme that they used to turn - but that's not a big deal unless you're into U-turns a lot.

I chose the 95 MR2 because it offers a wide selection essential driving and comfort amenities; it has native power steering, tilt wheel, abs brakes, AC, cruise control, power brakes, and wide range of available adjustable coil overs in addition to after-market sliding seats brackets.  All electronics & systems work on the fully functional cluster, and all my native buttons work for lighting, windshield wiper, etc. the same as before.  I am updating the cluster with LED light and a newer speedometer/gauges plate.  All these combined should give comfort and control close to your regular modern vehicle...

Then for that kind of investment I want to use my car year-long so I have a windshield wiper.  If you choose a roadster then you may want more - which is also what I am doing. This week I am making a sturdy driving removable soft top (I made a thread for that here last week), and once I’m done with that I will add removable door windows that plug-in in seconds via fasteners.

Hopefully my story helps you in your journey
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 09:45:06 PM by am33r »

SoTo

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2014, 06:42:55 PM »
Yes I think it would be a much better idea buying a completed kit car - at least test drive a few to see if you even like them

Replica cars do not drive like a typical modern car , there are usually many Compromises

Could you list a few examples how they drive different?
Also, thank you for your input. I plan to buy a built one :)

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2014, 01:38:22 AM »
Yes I think it would be a much better idea buying a completed kit car - at least test drive a few to see if you even like them

Replica cars do not drive like a typical modern car , there are usually many Compromises

SoTo

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2014, 10:17:55 PM »
There is a nice car for sale right here.
Check this out.  The price is good.

http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=2515.msg20347;topicseen#msg20347

This would be a quick way to get into a replica.

RT

Thanks! I actually already contated him regarding something else :)

SoTo

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 10:17:17 PM »
what happens when you break up with your girl, and her dad fires your a$$. high school relationships usually dont last.
I have a plan b lined up and many options. But, I'll be sure to send you the wedding pics

RT

• Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2014, 08:18:55 PM »
There is a nice car for sale right here.
Check this out.  The price is good.

http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=2515.msg20347;topicseen#msg20347

This would be a quick way to get into a replica.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

INSPIREcomposite (BANNED)

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 108
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2014, 07:54:53 PM »
what happens when you break up with your girl, and her dad fires your a$$. high school relationships usually dont last.

SoTo

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 06:29:00 PM »
SoTo…
Welcome to the obsession.
Another good web site for our kind is www.kitcentral.com
A lot of guys on here are also on that site, me included.
Anyway, if you really want to join this insane hobby, I wish you well.  It will take more time and money that you expect.  Everyone will attest to that.  What you end up with will depend on YOU.
Read my signature tag.  "It is not enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR."
All my best to you.

RT

Thank you so much! I am not a guy who knows a ton about cars would it be best to buy one just done? Even though I do not know any legit sellers

RT

• Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 04:47:48 PM »
SoTo…
Welcome to the obsession.
Another good web site for our kind is www.kitcentral.com
A lot of guys on here are also on that site, me included.
Anyway, if you really want to join this insane hobby, I wish you well.  It will take more time and money that you expect.  Everyone will attest to that.  What you end up with will depend on YOU.
Read my signature tag.  "It is not enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR."
All my best to you.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 04:17:02 PM »
most sell body kits , be very careful about doing a build ,figure out YOUR plan of attack ,get you a good Fiero yourself ,send it off to be stretched ,then have whatever other mods you want done in stages. BRAKES,ENGINE SWAP,SUSPENSION WORK WIDE TRACK...RIMS AND TIRES ,fully drivable at this stage, then get the body of your choose.do not get caught up in being OEM ,it stand for never finishing,to much money and time invested in parts.
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

SoTo

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 02:50:23 PM »
Congratulations ,go visit several places before making your final decision ,welcome to the forum and good luck with your plans.
Thank you! Do you know any other forums or legit sellers of replicas?

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 01:51:14 PM »
Congratulations ,go visit several places before making your final decision ,welcome to the forum and good luck with your plans.
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

SoTo

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 01:43:25 PM »
lol sign me up for that
I got hooked up through my girlfriends dad and he is my boss so it's pretty cool lol