Author Topic: murci 1 kit or murci 2 kit  (Read 4693 times)

adifferentlook

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 8
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: murci 1 kit or murci 2 kit
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 08:36:50 PM »
I agree with you guys, the car looks good, you can make mercy 1s look good, if you are strickly oem then of course its looks different.if you want a nice looking sports car , its perfect.if you are like me, i dont have 50 to 60 thousands of dollars to put in trying to make it perfect. From what I seen no one cares if its real or not , its still " oh my god, you have a lambo"
Keep your head up and enjoy your hobby and try and not worry on doing it because everyone else says its a "mercy 1 or g24"

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 07:30:15 PM »
As I says on the madmechanics forum I like the way it currently looks and will buy it from you so you can get a murci 2.  Don't rip this one apart , its exterior is finished and looks good

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • YOLO
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 10:35:39 PM »
A different idea for interior, if you don't care that it looks OEM then you can do what I did.  This in my interior on my G28; haven't installed the touch screen radio & 2 other red small little gadgets yet, also the custom dash mat - but you get the idea.

The entire cost of the interior is about $1K including the $400 radio.  I bough all the items I liked separately and didn't do any upholstery work.  You can chose any color combination too, and the entire package bolts on in one day.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 10:45:48 PM by am33r »

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 08:00:01 PM »
For me, I think the fact that there is always one more thing I could do on my car is going to be part of the fun. The hobby will last a lifetime if I want it to. If not, I'll just stop when it stops being fun.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • YOLO
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 07:11:46 PM »
Once you upholster the interior will you be satisfied with it? the drive train? the suspension? the options that particular donor vehicle offers? and the way it drives in general? How about the costs it will require by the time you are done making it the best G24 you can make it?

If you are unsatisfied with any of that, then: without wasting another second (: Sell that white car - your browser is open  ::thumbup list it on Craigslist for a little more than you bought it for.

william

• Liked: 39
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 06:45:26 PM »
Anyone know about how much I'm looking at spending to upholster  the interior dash/door panels/everything.

william

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 05:40:23 PM »
 Aagain thanks for all the support,  being dead serious I think I looked at so many lamborghini photos of real ones and fake ones and literally picked apart everything,  even the murci 2 is ugly at moments lol I spent so much time looking band studying lamborghinis that the darn lamborghini ain't exotic anymore,  looks like a nice sports car lol I need to step back and remember no one in my town has one much less a knock off of one as I do, I'm just completely addicted now, I'm itching to do a build and see how perfect I can get it lol you guys should see the amount of lamborghini photos on my phone lol anyway thanks again.

lambocars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 68
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-1
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 11:26:21 AM »
Hi, I have exact oem bodies.
my body is ready for paint.
easy to assemble.
Price 7500 euros inc shipping to usa

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 10:55:09 AM »
I think everyone here is giving good advice. Like others have said, it looks like a nice car to me. I'd like to see more pictures as well. Not worth tearing this thing apart to put a different body on. If you really want the Mercy2, buy a completed Mercy2 or start a new build based on one. The Mercy2 isn't perfect either and requires *LOTS* of work to make it more accurate if that is your kind of thing. Look at Mike Chase's car for an example.

I say just drive the thing and have some fun!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 10:58:44 AM by BigPines »
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 08:32:52 AM »
The body lines from the doors to the body won't even match up and gaps won't be even. Certain parts will be warped and you'll have to make stress cuts and fiberglass them to right shape. Straightening of panels. Making pillars matching lengths on both sides of the car. Lots of air voids in the fiberglass to fix. Etc. Etc. etc. ... let alone be ready for paint.
For putting on the new body you'll probably require some different body mounts and latches might be mounted wrong for it, among many other things, who knows?
That's what it's all about :) See this hobby is more fun than you originally thought!

By the way your car still looks like a nice car. Doesn't it still get a lot of attention?
And I agree on the lowering, it might look 10x better.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 08:43:09 AM by Tallon »

notnilc20

• Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 08:26:11 AM »
As time is passing,  I'm beginning to actually see how ugly this "G24" kit is, that's my assumption that it's a G24 kit. If I were to purchase the murci 2 kit from ccarkit after installing the body are the body's ready for paint?  Also will the tail lights from this G24 kit work for the murci 2 kit? And how much work am I looking at removing this body and installing the new body, does the door latches work for the murcielago 2 kit, how much extra am I looking at getting.  Thanks for the help.

Do not ruin a perfectly good car to make it to something a little different. Switching the bodies will be almost like starting from scratch. You ask if the carkitinc bodies are paint ready? HELL NO! They require so much body work no matter what kit you buy. The doors alone will take you months to finish if you want working glass and still long time even if you don't require working glass.

If you simply cannot live with the Mercy1 then my advice is to sell it as a complete car and start over completely on your Mercy2. It will not be easy but we are here to help.

nickmkk

• Liked: 61
  • Cloquet, MN
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 07:56:58 AM »
The car looks great if you ask me.  I would just put some 18s on it to lower its stance.  People don't like the merci 1 mainly because its harder to build and isn't as accurate as the merci 2.  Switching the body at this point is probably not worth it. Don't let the haters get you down, it looks good.

INSPIREcomposite (BANNED)

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 108
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 07:40:47 AM »
do you have any more pictures of your car? that one picture really doesnt show much wrong with it.

william

murci 1 kit or murci 2 kit
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 02:09:37 AM »
As time is passing,  I'm beginning to actually see how ugly this "G24" kit is, that's my assumption that it's a G24 kit. If I were to purchase the murci 2 kit from ccarkit after installing the body are the body's ready for paint?  Also will the tail lights from this G24 kit work for the murci 2 kit? And how much work am I looking at removing this body and installing the new body, does the door latches work for the murcielago 2 kit, how much extra am I looking at getting.  Thanks for the help.