Author Topic: New Member looking for advice on an electric aventador  (Read 3885 times)

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
Re: New Member looking for advice on an electric aventador
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 08:52:25 AM »
You stated the you wanted "•An aventador kit with emphasis on completeness and ease of assembly."
To my knowledge, no one makes a "Kit" for any of the replicas of the Lamborghini cars.  You can purchase a decent looking fiberglass body and the rest is up to you to make or have made for you.  $$$$  That is what is so unique about our hobby.  You build it yourself.  No kit, no holes, no bolts, no brackets, etc.  You might want to add another $15 to your budget.  I always say that in reality we don't have a budget.  This is a hobby that you can't know how much you will spend.  It's an adventure for sure.

Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

nivram

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
New Member looking for advice on an electric aventador
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 05:36:07 AM »
Hey guys,

I've been lurking here for a while but I'm finally ready to get started on a project of my own.

I've been planning on doing an electric conversion on a convertible for a while now but my gf recently told me that she plans to have her own car no matter which car I choose for a frame, so now I can be as ostentatious as I'd like.  If money were no object I would get an aventador with a blown engine and replace it with a bunch of batteries and a powerful electric motor.  Unfortunately, I'm a student and money is actually quite a large constraint.

So with that introduction here's what I'm looking for:
  • An aventador kit with emphasis on completeness and ease of assembly.
  • I'm definitely willing to sacrifice exact adherence to OEM specs if it means I can save money on things like windshield etc.
  • I'd like it to be convertible or at least have the roof panel be removable

I personally don't really care that you guys will be able to tell that my replica isn't an actual lamborghini.  In fact I probably won't put any lamborghini logos on the car.  I'm not copying the car because its a lamborghini, I'm copying it because I think the design is extremely aesthetically pleasing.

Inside the car, there will be no shifters/gears since its an electric car.  I'm also going to throw in large touch screen on the dashboard like the Tesla.

As a gag, I was thinking of having settings for different engine noises that I could play based on acceleration and speed, even a setting for an electro sounding Tron light bike/ starwars pod racer engine noise.

I know its still pretty early for aventador kits so I was thinking of getting started on the frame before figuring out which kit to use.  Is this a bad idea? 
Should I do the stretching before I add any of the parts for the electric car? I was planning on using the larger engine bay of the aventador to fit more batteries in.  I'm not sure if I should just wait until I get the kit to figure out the battery configuration.

I'm looking to spend 15-20k on the electric conversion parts and batteries and about the same on the frame.  Is this reasonable?

How possible is it to keep it operational while building the replica kit.  For example if I have a working electric fiero, how long will the car be inoperable while I add the kit?  After I stretch the frame will the fiero body still fit for driving around town?

Which base should I use?  A fiero? They seem to be pretty uncommon in San Diego, but I could go up to LA to get one.

Let me know if I should be posting in the aventador forum or somewhere  else.

Thanks!