Author Topic: Introducing myself & a few questions  (Read 957 times)

Linlor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 28
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
Re: Introducing myself & a few questions
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 05:21:43 PM »
Welcome Bob;

Looks like you pulled the trigger.  Congrats.  I am with you on the dead sexy look of the Countach.  I have a Prova replica waiting to be rebuilt once my current build is out of the garage.

You should start a build thread in the Countach section and get some pics up.  There are several of us on here that should be able to help you with info.

As for the rear section vents.  76mx has Countach molds and builds Contaches so might be able to take care of you for parts. If he doesn't have any available, the Exotic Illusions company was sold to a fellow in Idaho named Don Barry.  Last I checked, he also had parts available for the 5000s models

Take care and looking forward to seeing the build thread and some pics.

Cheers
Don

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
Re: Introducing myself & a few questions
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 01:55:16 AM »
Welcome! ::wave
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

sagra

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Introducing myself & a few questions
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 10:36:42 PM »
It's great to find this site. I really have the Countach fever bad. It's crazy. I'm over 60 and have never had such an intense addiction. I'm a lifelong artist/designer....and car nut. Between the body design and performance I find it Countach is the ultimate seductive car. I live near Reading, PA and I recently bought a Countach replica (LP500S style) with a loot of issues, but am thrilled to have it. It seems like it a Bill Kester build car, with an 350 SBC and Porsche 5-speed. It would be great to meet up with any other Countach replica owners in the tri-state area (PA/NJ/DE) to compare cars and share info. Oh, can anyone recommend a source for a pair of the louvered vents that go on top of the fenders near the rear of the car?....also, are there ANY other companies making the 345/35-15 tires used on the rear besides Pirelli? The Pirellis are so darn expensive. OK, looking forward to any interacts. Bob