Author Topic: Murci Crash Test  (Read 5144 times)

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
Re: Murci Crash Test
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2014, 08:33:39 PM »
Wow. What the...?
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

william

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 39
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2014, 08:16:15 PM »
Awesome Chris! I'm literally speechless lmao

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 08:22:03 PM by william »

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2014, 08:01:58 PM »
This looks safe.  :LL:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl4LsrBarEY

Chris

Texas

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2014, 12:03:40 PM »

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 11:30:54 AM »
Batbuilder makes them!  Or has built them! ::wave
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

william

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 11:24:50 AM »
I wouldn't doubt it lol, that thing re mind's me of a rubiks cube, I want to try and twist and turn it and figure it out but I just can't wrap my brain around it lol.

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 11:17:40 AM »
In fact yes, someone on this Forum just may have have the ability to build you one of those Wild Contraptions!!!   ;)
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

william

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 10:52:08 AM »
Or you could always just be over safe and build one of these, anyone have a mold of this wild contraption?  ::scratch

OK I'm done being stupid.  ::tongue
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 11:04:39 AM by william »

william

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2014, 10:44:36 AM »
Look at the bright side, if you didn't take the advice of the great folks on this site and you get hit or crash at least you will go out in style, right?

Unless your replica looks like this lol  :LL:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:47:19 AM by william »

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 10:07:52 AM »
I thought that the Murcie absorbed the impact quite well.  The wheel was not driven into the door.  The body panels did not distort from the door rearward.  The steering wheel airbag was fully deployed before the dummy's head touched it.  BUT how fast was the car going?  35 mph or 55 mph?  Two cars at 35 mph is equal to hitting a brick wall at 70 mph.  Ouch!!!
If your replica build is NOT SAFE, then it's your fault.  We offer time and time again good solid advice to builders on this forum.  Do they listen?  NO!!!  We say "don't use wheel spacers unless it does not affect the geometry of the steering if at all possible".  Do they listen?  NO!!!  We say "build your door frames strong" and again they don't listen.  Buy a QUALITY Mig Welder.  Protect yourself when you build.  Anchor your striker to the frame at the rear of your doors inside of the quarter panel.  Build a strong framework to bolt your striker to.  Design the framework inside of your doors using 1"x3" rectangular tubing not all 1"x1".  Attach your door latches solidly to your inner framework.  Same goes for the front of the inner framework where it attaches to your hinge.  Make your hinge support strong where it attaches to the hinge and to the chassis.  Due to the low ride height of our cars, try to incorporate a side crash bar in the upper half of your door outside of the glass and carry the tool in your car to break the glass in the event of a roll over and your windows won't roll down.  A lot of the coupe chassis cars do not have a strong enough roof structure either.  Roadsters......wear a hard hat?  As always, just my $0.02
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:24:03 AM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 12:39:59 PM »
Tusabes,

I think that you will agree that SOME are not built with safety in mind But I have seen RT car up close and  I have built my car with safety in mind also so that statement is FAR from the truth.  I have intrusion beams and crumple zones in my car as well

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2014, 01:12:42 AM »
Yeah I know what you mean ;). None of us want to find out

I can't agree that a fiero based lambo replica is as safe as a Fiero is - particularly the lambo replicas , since the factory roof and doors are what contribute to the safety of a fiero - and their stout  crash prevention structures are removed and replaced with thin fiberglass door skin and unknown metal structure inside them.

Here's the insides of a factory fiero door notice the stout door beam, which connects to a Sturdy hinge and door latch

At Least some of the other fiero based replicas like Ferrari retain this inner safety structure , and latches of the stock fiero with a different door skin.

This is what some lambo replica  doors  look like inside

« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 01:21:49 AM by Tusabes »

RT

• Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 10:35:09 PM »
"And a kit car is 100x more unsafe than a factory lambo"

With all due respect, I disagree with that statement.
If you mean replica Lambos (as opposed to ANY "kit car") they are about as safe as the Fiero they were built on or as safe as the frame construction employed for their build.
That is assuming the builder knew what they were doing and cared for their construction quality.
Not all "kit cars" or replicas are unsafe, or less safe, than a real Lambo or other factory builds.

Speaking for myself, I think my frame construction will stand up as well as a NASCAR stocker.
I feel safe in my build but also don't want to find out how safe I really am.  (if you know what I mean)

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 08:50:49 PM »
That's nuts, lol I watched a video of a regular crash test on a Ford focus,  it took forever for the front end to be fully pushed back, then I watched this one over and the front of the lamborghini literally explodes.. This proves that not accepting the 16 year old kids Honda Civics race challenge is probably a good idea, otherwise you may get the opportunity to experience this.
And a kit car is 100x more unsafe than a factory lambo

Luckily most replicas are used for attention getting around town at slow speeds. I really don't understand the allure of building 500-650 Hp kit cars as they are literally death traps . I get that the builders want the replica to be as fast as the real thing , but they are totally unsafe for anything besides stop light to speed limit races

Fatboyslim

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
  • Lamborghini Addiction
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 07:18:33 PM »
is that car for sale??   ::thumbup