Author Topic: G28 roadster door glass.  (Read 2766 times)

dratts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
Re: G28 roadster door glass.
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 08:48:58 AM »
Murci-Me  thank you for the information.  I know it's been said before, but you are a huge asset on this forum.  Thanks again, Don

Murci-Me

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 12:06:21 AM »
Anybody can order any type of glass they like, any shape or curvature, from Autotemp Inc in Ohio. Their website is Autotempinc.com.
All you need to do is send them a template of the shape and curvature you want. The template can be 1/8" plywood, plastic, sheetmetal or whatever. It needs to be the EXACT shape you want your glass to be because this is the template they will use to cut the shape of your glass. Next, you need to give them the dimension of the curvature (in radius) you need. The curve they will need to put in the glass is called a "barrel" curve. Its called this because its like they took a hot piece of glass and laid it accross a barrel, the curve is consistent from the front (mirror track) to back (B pillar track).
After you send them your right and left glass patterns and the radius you need the glass bent to, the lead time for a new order is usually 8-12 weeks, depending on what their current work load is (orders ahead of yours).
Each piece of glass will cost roughly $80, and that is based on how many square inches the patterns are. There is a one-time set up fee (to make your moulds) of $1,000.00 (this is what they charged me 4 years ago, it may be higher now).
Crating and shipping costs $400 from them to you.
So, an opening order of 5 sets of glass (10 pieces) would cost approximately $2,200.00
Divide that amoung the 5 pairs and each pair would cost $440.00

dratts

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 10:39:04 PM »
he could get a pair of lexan windows from Mark an send them to MM an try it that way still not sure of the final cost
That is sort of what I was thinking.  I have a pair of Marks windows.  I was thinking that I could go ahead and get them working and then use them as a pattern over a set of sebring windows to make sure that they are the right shape.  Then see if MM can hook me up with his supplier.  That is if we can get enough of us to make a group buy.

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 07:33:39 PM »
true

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 06:49:19 PM »
he could get a pair of lexan windows from Mark an send them to MM an try it that way still not sure of the final cost
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 06:29:55 PM »
How would you be getting them to make the glass? You'd need to give them the shape you need

beemc

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 5
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 02:59:54 PM »
i want a set for a g28 roadster

dratts

G28 roadster door glass.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 12:13:24 PM »
I would like to start a list to see if there are enough of us roadster guys to put together a group purchase for the door glass like murci-me did for the coupe.  I would like to get two sets for myself.  One set to install and one set for backup when the first set gets broken.  This list is to see if there are enough of us and if there are maybe murci-me would put us in touch with his source which seems to have the best price.