Author Topic: donor Diablo windshield?  (Read 15819 times)

AndrewHunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: donor Diablo windshield?
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2021, 01:23:30 AM »
Thanx Jim , have u address the windshield on your car yet?
I do have the same query and also if you are done with your windshield replacement, please share from which expert you had it. I need an rv auto glass repair technician to replace the tinted auto glass on the rv.

LeeMarkus

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2019, 06:54:09 AM »
$1350 was the good ideal for windshield replacement, if i were at your place. I will definitely go for it.

my60

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2019, 04:19:34 PM »
Guys, I may be able to help. Right now I am planning a trip to California then Carlisle but scheduling may require me to go to Carlisle first then California. If, if, if, I could deliver that windshield. I do not blame you for not wanting to crate it up, I have sold many windshields and even though I charge a fair amount to crate them, it is just not worth it.

Went through 3 (6 if you count broken while getting it cut down) lumina windshields, they get spider cracks on the bottom corner edges when you hit any bumps and worsen over time. Ya ya I went through and redid the windshield pillers and areas put rubbers all around ect ect... it never looked right either like the factory car. I bit the bullet and bought the AGP windshield off of ebay 2 years ago and never had a problem and it looks right, it has the curve like the original, seller told me they fit factory original cars and he sells them for original cars. If you can grab the AGP windshield grab them fast there ain't any left anywhere, I was thinking about buying one as a backup but cant find any.

rodartneva

• Liked: 2
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2019, 08:24:42 PM »
I was at my parents house the other night and looked at the windshield on their 2019 Ford edge. I measured it and and have been back and forth between it and a factory windshield and this will fit the own opening with a bit of trimming off the top and sides I believe. Has anyone tried this. less than 250 for a windshield is a much better alternative to what is available right now. I'm not sure what trimming the glass does to it's strength but I'd prefer any own windshield to an aftermarket unit. When we had windshields made originally a big issue was the angle that the glass sits at and what has to be done to achieve the proper visibility at such an angle to be dot legal.. just putting in a cut down windshield does t mean it meets the requirements of the Diablo but for most of us as long as it passes dot who really cares

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2015, 02:24:00 PM »
Guys, I may be able to help. Right now I am planning a trip to California then Carlisle but scheduling may require me to go to Carlisle first then California. If, if, if, I could deliver that windshield. I do not blame you for not wanting to crate it up, I have sold many windshields and even though I charge a fair amount to crate them, it is just not worth it.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2015, 07:44:44 AM »
My build still sits in my garage at 60% complete.  My gumshion ran out last year and the harsh winter didn't help either.  I'm going to refuel at Carlisle in May and hopefully get more done this year.  My body is a B&B so I have a few extra problems to deal with but pushing forward.

Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

svocal

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2015, 10:46:51 PM »
Jim,
I would take your offer, but I'm in California so i would need to ship it. I understand if you don't want to go thru the hassle of getting it packed and shipped.
May i ask if you completed your car?

Stephen

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 10:35:03 PM »
Don't know if this will help or not.  I am willing to part with my AGP coupe windshield.  I've got the measurements somewhere and will look them up.  $700 u-pickup.  I refuse to package and ship.  That way you see what you are getting.  South of Grand Rapids, MI.

Jim

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 11:05:12 PM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

svocal

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 08:42:03 PM »
Hi CCIE,

Did you finally get a donor windshield for your diablo? Let me know, I am also in the same boat.
My diablo has been sitting in the garage for some time due to a broken windshield.

I original got one from AGP years ago, it was 4 inches to long on top and a little bit wide as well. I had it cut to fit my diablo. I guess AGP went out of business since they stopped answering calls or replies to emails. Other option is to buy an original from the dealer...$4500....oooouch! Then risk the chance of having cracked since i need to have it cut. Any info would help.

Stephen 

CCIE

• Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 07:08:05 AM »
Drum...

My Roadster is still at the shop getting the v8 swapped (got to love this.... Fracking scam artiest)
Let me know what you find as I would rather prefer a good fitting windshield as well. The windshield on my Diablo fits but still needs trimming on the bottom corners. The AGP glass is few inches too big on top....
I have a Top Gun Roadster same as Corry Davis.....
My invitation to checkout the Roadster is still open. Where are you located? Shoot me an email

CCIE
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 03:00:37 AM by CCIE »

drumseven

• Liked: 3
  • Heath Youmans
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 09:30:48 AM »
Bartman , thanx for the insight I will definitely be looking into that, with Ron's help I was able to narrow down that the" naerc" windshield is the one that fits my car, getting to the point where I need to have my windshield so im in hot pursuit of one,thanx again for the help.  drum,

drumseven

• Heath Youmans
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 09:15:42 AM »
Hey Rob, honestly I don't recall which number I used it was the first one I called,  I did get in touch with him and he was very helpful, his email is ronlambo@shaw.Ca ,hope that helps.  drum,

Bartman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 06:46:49 PM »
Just food for thought.  D&R gen 1 used a cut down lumina van windshield. Gen 2 used a custom windshield based on very similar pattern (was only 0.5 inches wider because it was finished different at the doors). A trimmed lumina van will fit here as well (I know, I have the molds) I also built a roadster of unknown origin. Some said it was a Cory kit, others said it was a mike vetter body. Anyway, different cut but still a cut lumina fit it as well.

Rob James

• Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 11:29:11 AM »
Hey Drum, if you've been able to get a hold of Ron Dolling, which of the two numbers listed below is his? I'm in Vancouver same as him, and it would be great to meet up with him!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 06:36:58 PM by Rob James »

drumseven

• Heath Youmans
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 11:18:28 PM »
CCIE ,Ohio is a very feasible trip for me, as we've talked before would be great to hook up and talk shop, at the moment I too am working long hours out of town but I'm sure we could set a time to meet up I talked with Ron Dolling today and it sounds like the NAERC windshield is a fit, but wouldn't mind taking a look at what you've got maybe sometime after the holiday we can make this happen, thanx!