Author Topic: Texas Reventon Build  (Read 54980 times)

Texas

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 39
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
  • Lambo Mafia
Re: Texas Reventon Build
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2013, 12:41:55 PM »
I've been busy with everything but the car; I thought I would show where I'm at with the rear hatch/humps/batwings area. Still have much more to do, I had to start with some inner bracing to get some areas straight and level.I had to extend the front and rear of the hatch and I will eventually re make the sides as well.

Texas

• Lambo Mafia
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2013, 09:45:46 AM »
Tex great job and great choice in wheels! Your build is going to be epic with the time you are taking on the body and the attention to detail you are putting into it! I can wait to see it first hand. Ill be headed to San Antonio through Dallas the first week of next month, if you have time I might swing buy   ::beers Thanks.

Dustin
Thanks! Just let me know about what time and day. I might even clean up a bit.... Maybe.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 09:48:08 AM by Texas »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2013, 08:33:38 AM »
Tex great job and great choice in wheels! Your build is going to be epic with the time you are taking on the body and the attention to detail you are putting into it! I can wait to see it first hand. Ill be headed to San Antonio through Dallas the first week of next month, if you have time I might swing buy   ::beers

Dustin

Texas

• Lambo Mafia
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2013, 08:10:31 AM »
In response to some PM questions theses wheels will be 19x8.5 fronts and 20x13 rears and he will design and make 3pc wheels for $650.00 per wheel so I paid $2600.00 plus $280.00 for packing and shipping.

Lance Thanks but do not be jealous. We are all eBay ninjas ;D. I have taken a few steps forward on the hump/sail panel area and a few steps back but it is coming along. I will try to get it done this weekend and post some pictures. I would like to see some pictures of where your at with yours.

lance345

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2013, 09:16:13 PM »
Looking good as always Tex. I'm super jealous of the wheels you're having made. I think I'll send you a PM to see how much they are, though it kills me that I didn't wait for this and already have some Lambo wheels. Ah well, the ebay fix is always around for dumb decisions.

I have the body mocked up on the MR2 right now, and the quarter glass area sits right on the B-pillar/quarter panel, so I hope that modifying you did still allows it to sit down nice and flush. I cut mine down as far as I could without going into the inner structure and I'm surprised how nice it sits there, though it looks like crap (not even close to OEM).

edit: for the fins in the wheels - is this a job for a plastic printer covered in carbon fiber? I think it might be  ::thumbup

Texas

• Lambo Mafia
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2013, 04:53:56 PM »
I am not sure how I will handle the fins yet. Got any Ideas?

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2013, 02:47:40 PM »
That's some fine machine work! It's hard to imagine the hours that go into producing something like a wheel without seeing it first hand. I already have 16 hours worth of programming in the Reventon fuel door and I'm only half way done  ::counfused
Are you making a mold for the carbon pieces?

Texas

• Lambo Mafia
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2013, 01:08:21 PM »
Thanks Onewickedsvt. The pictures posted are the centers of a 3 piece wheel. Here is the wheel mine are based off of.

Lambiero I have thought about this long and hard and I'm OK with them going in the wrong direction as long as I'm in reverse however I will just minimize my usage of reverse. OCD got to find creative solutions ya know. ???

Onewickedsvt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2013, 11:26:02 AM »
LOOKS GREAT SO FAR! good job! perhaps i did not catch on,but is there going to be a whole rim made? or is it just a face of some sort?

keep it up!

Texas

• Lambo Mafia
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2013, 11:02:57 AM »
The wheels are getting powdercoat now so I will post pics when I get them back. Centercaps are on there way also so don't pay attention to these. The fins will be covered in CF.

Texas

• Lambo Mafia
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2013, 10:56:41 AM »
I had a really tough time deciding on wheels as I am sure most of us do. For the Reventon the selection is very scares but I finally made a choice to have custom wheels made. I almost bought the Zinik Z28 wheels but found out that they were being discontinued and the bigger reason I decided against them is these are directional wheels and the Zinik wheels are only made going the same direction so one side will look fine but the other side the wheels will be going the wrong way and I just couldn't get past that. There was a company that made a select run of the style of wheel I am getting but they didn't want to make anymore so I had another company make them and he is willing to make more if anybody wants them.

Texas

• Lambo Mafia
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2013, 10:38:43 AM »
I have a few pics to post but I haven't been able to get much done as work has kept me busy. I was asked about the rocker area and how I attached them, the pictures will show some of what was done. First I got the pieces square and in place then I used panel bond to "tack" them in place then glass then in from the backside then I use milled fibers and resin to fill the gaps on the front side. A couple of coats of filler and it's good until I get the body on the chassis and go back over the entire car.

Texas

• Lambo Mafia
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2013, 02:42:53 PM »
Thanks Bud. Anytime your down I welcome your visit.  ::beers
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 02:52:55 PM by Texas »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2013, 10:43:38 AM »
Texas! Dude looking great! I can wait to see this in person  ::beers Next time I head south, im gonna drop buy for a vist ::wave You worked miracles on that side scoop and the carbon fiber piece you made  ::headbang

Texas

• Lambo Mafia
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2013, 09:59:51 AM »
Thanks Murcie-Me.

Lance Pics attached for the area in question. This part is from IKR and I just cut a bit and propped it in place. With some fitment mods it will be a massive improvement over what we have.

Nice parts IKR! I will be ordering more parts shortly. I just dropped a good chunk of change on some custom wheels. :-X