Author Topic: !!! Murcielago Door And Quarter Glass!!!  (Read 17402 times)

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
Re: !!! Murcielago Door And Quarter Glass!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 10:45:29 PM »
Has anyone actually got an off-the-shelf alternative door glass to work? I know there are several ideas about what may work. I've heard that some glass doesn't roll down all the way in the door.

I think the truth is, nothing is going to fit like OEM spec glass.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

nickmkk

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • Cloquet, MN
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 10:40:15 PM »
Well you've sold me on the quarter glass, but what about the door glass?  Is it worth it or are the alternatives close enough?  Also, would buyers have the options of door glass for the coupe or the roadster?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 10:42:11 PM by nickmkk »

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 10:08:18 PM »
Isn't there cheaper alternatives like Saturn door glass?  Is there a good reason why I would want the OEM glass over the cheaper alternative?  Thanks for the info

There are cheaper alternatives but there is no guarantee they will fit like OEM! Mike has done a good job with finding alternatives and they can be made to work, but if you want them to fit like the real car, OEM is the only way to go! I have purchased similar quarter glass just like Mike and am finding out that there will be several things needed to make them fit properly! For one the curve is off a bit so it won't line up with the factory quarter glass trim piece, and if that is off it will not line up with the  side door glass and still no verification if the door glass will work with the lines on a factory windshield! I am not pressuring anyone to buy this just wanted to make it available to all parties!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 10:17:04 PM by Purple LP670 SV »
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

nickmkk

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • Cloquet, MN
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 09:51:35 PM »
Isn't there cheaper alternatives like Saturn door glass?  Is there a good reason why I would want the OEM glass over the cheaper alternative?  Thanks for the info

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 06:01:30 PM »
I'm all in! This is wonderful, this glass is very hard to get unless you buy from Lamborghini and it's very expensive.   As soon as you know when you will be placing the order let me know and I'll send you the money right away.

To all, I've done business with Purple before many times and he is one trustworthy dude.
Pedro

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 05:35:51 PM »
This is a great opportunity. Thanks for getting this together! ::thumbup
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
!!! Murcielago Door And Quarter Glass!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 04:03:58 PM »
Just like the header says, I'd like to get a group buy together and see how many people would be interested! These are OEM size and shape Murcielago coupe door and quarter glass! I'm not positive on the prices yet, but my best guess would be $750 for BOTH door glass shipped to you within the US. $500 for BOTH quarter glass shipped to you within the US. Or $1,150 for ALL 4 pieces packaged and shipped to you! Please let me know if there is anymore interest in this price package! I will need people to trust in the fact that I will need to collect payments, order, receive, then ship to you! This process could take a handful of months but I believe I have proven my trust worthiness to several of you on here! Let me know either by PM or a comment on here! I will give this a little time but will require full payment as I am just a regular dude and can't afford to get stuck with $10,000+ worth of product!

Thanks!!!
Purple  ::wave
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!