Author Topic: JW fiero build. Houston we have a problem!  (Read 4897 times)

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Re: JW fiero build. Houston we have a problem!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 10:16:59 AM »
I think what you are experiencing is the difference between an OEM body which had a frame designed for it versus the G28 body that was designed around the Fiero frame.  This is why the G28 has a slightly longer nose (the trunk panel is over 2" longer) and this is also how a Maxima windshield is able to be substituted for an OEM windshield.  I think the variation is the length between the centerline of the front wheel to the firewall of the Fiero.  Since this area is not stretched like the rear of the car, you are left with figuring out how to match this length up on the OEM body which is going to be a couple inches off.  You might be forced to actually move the front wheels forward by modifying the frame.  If you modify the front frame, watch your overall wheelbase so your mod's don't affect the rear wheel openings and you'll need to watch out for firewall height clearances.  This is my first stab at diagnosing the problem and maybe others here can help come up with some creative solutions that don't involve altering the front frame. 

On a side note, thanks for bringing the Apple compatibility issues to my attention.  I wasn't aware of any incompatibility issues with the Apple OS and the Forum software but I'll look into this and see if there are any patches or plugin's out there that might make visiting here better for the Apple users.  ::thumbup

Chris

« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 10:29:07 AM by No Bull »

Onewickedsvt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
Re: JW fiero build. Houston we have a problem!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 09:47:02 AM »
Sent!    ::huh  ::thumbup

John Watson body build.

Onewickedsvt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
JW fiero build. Houston we have a problem!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 07:53:12 AM »
Hey guys!

JW murcielago build here, coupe on a fiero.

I can't upload the pics due to the iPad compatibly with the forum software, but anyway, I have a huge problem with alignment.

I clamped the roof and windscreen and front fenders to the front of the car, and it looks good!

But...

The windscreen basically goes all the way down to the brake booster fill up location. It goes nowhere near the fiero frame with the vin number attached to it like g28's, etc.

The reason why it's so far forward is due to the front fender not being center to the wheel any other way as I must follow the break likes from the OEM molded parts.

If anyone would be so kind to pm me their email addy, I can send pics, and possibly upload it to the thead?

Thanks!