Build Diaries > Murcielago

JW fiero build. Houston we have a problem!

<< < (2/4) > >>

No Bull:

--- Quote from: Onewickedsvt on September 08, 2012, 05:11:11 PM ---Problem is, the vin # is on that frame.

I cannot "alter the vin" as per the nys penal law.

--- End quote ---

I'd ask the title department about rules for getting a new VIN and title for an assemble car.  Typically all this requires is receipts and proof of all the parts used and a final inspection.  My car has a new title and VIN from Arizona and it's legally a "2010 Lamborghini Spcon" of which Spcon stands for Special Construction.  If you can't do this in NY, what about taking it to a surrounding state and have a title and inspection done there.  From there all you'd need to do is transfer the title to a NY title and you should be ok.  Maine has some pretty relaxed laws about titles and I've actually used a company in the past called Mainely Titles who helped me get a new title for a car I bought without a title (100% legal and legit).

Chris

Onewickedsvt:
Problem is, the vin # is on that frame.

I cannot "alter the vin" as per the nys penal law.

No Bull:
It looks like your wheelbase is really close so it wouldn't make sense to move your front frame.  If it was me, I'd look at ways of removing as much of the upper Fiero firewall as possible and build my own from tube or square steel.  You'd want to swap out your stock steering column with a modified Sebring column and this will move everything forward and give you some extra leg room.  I'd only remove the top portion of the firewall and use the bottom section as an anchor for my new frame up top.  You might be able to save the pedal mounting points and the mounting point from the steering column.  I would box everything in with a heavy gauge sheet metal to add extra strength and keep the elements out of the passenger compartment.  Now would also be the best time to undercoat everything for noise and corrosion protection or paint and apply a noise + heat shield.

What does others think?

Chris

Onewickedsvt:
The problems the bottom of windshield tray is ways too far out.

This is my biiiig problem. Move it in towards the dash and the fender is off center.

This is one heck of a predicament.

Tallon:
awesome looks like fun :D
there's even a place to put a windshield!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version