Author Topic: wheel spacers for a g28 roadster built on a feiro?  (Read 3767 times)

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
Re: wheel spacers for a g28 roadster built on a feiro?
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 01:03:35 PM »
Nice example,  I'm very new with all this, I have read for years but when it's in front of your face it's a little intemadating for sure.  I bought a partial build so I wasn't nearly as in the hole. So if you don't mind me asking,  how do I go about measuring that, do I go from therim to the outer wheel well?

take various size foam block - 1.5,  2 , 2.5,  3 etc and tape them to the wheel bolt area

Take the wheels and press them up to the hub of the car until you find the size foam spacer that looks and fits the best

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 10:11:46 AM »
I might as well get this all covered in one post, if the A pillars are not yet welded on the car, but the body is already mounted,  can they still be welded on without having to take off the body? I'm talking about the windshield fame, I think that's A pillars? correct me if I'm wrong, thanks.
Faker,
   The answer to any question on this Forum about whether something can be done is always going to be the same answer, "Yes, all it takes is time and money". Can we build one of these cars that will fly to the moon? Yes, all it takes is time and money. Here is a valuable engineering lesson. First figure out what it will take in time and money to accomplish your objective the way you originally conceived it. That will give you a baseline. Work backward from there and now figure out if there is a quicker, easier, and/or less expensive way. Usually there is as solutions always have room for improvement and once this final solution is established, you now have firm info to determine whether this action is worth the return on investment. In other words, you would be able to mount the windshield frame without removing the body, but are you sure that is what you want to do?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 10:32:53 AM by 76mx »

faker

• Liked: 26
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 04:39:29 AM »
Btw that's rob for you, I have watched that video before,  never once did I see that, now I want to puke.  :(

faker

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 04:35:16 AM »
Nice example,  I'm very new with all this, I have read for years but when it's in front of your face it's a little intemadating for sure.  I bought a partial build so I wasn't nearly as in the hole. So if you don't mind me asking,  how do I go about measuring that, do I go from therim to the outer wheel well?

Tusabes

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 04:25:13 AM »
For example see this car where the right rear wheel sticks out much more than the left rear wheel

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fdo-10nxBck

faker

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 04:21:20 AM »
I might as well get this all covered in one post, if the A pillars are not yet welded on the car, but the body is already mounted,  can they still be welded on without having to take off the body? I'm talking about the windshield fame, I think that's A pillars? correct me if I'm wrong, thanks.

Tusabes

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 04:20:49 AM »
Adapters and spacers are combined into one billet unit that changes the bolt pattern and gives you the extra spacing you need

Generally 1.5 inch spacers on front and 3 inch spacers on back are used but every kit is different in terms of how its mounted . Weve seen some where you have run 2 inch in the left side and 4 on the right side if the body wasnt mounted perfectly . Gotta do measurement and some trial and error to get it perfect

faker

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 04:13:48 AM »
 I need adapters and spacers sorry.

faker

wheel spacers for a g28 roadster built on a feiro?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 04:02:59 AM »
I have a couple things I really need to ask, if I'm using gallardo wheels on my lp640 build what spacers will I need for the wheels to fit on correctly? , right now I bought the car and the stock feiro wheels are on it at the moment.

It's looking like I may have been ripped off at the moment but I really don't want to post much about the situation at the moment, if things are not made right soon I will definitely post the person's information and warn everyone.

It's a shame that you can't just do overall good business anymore.  Now back to the wheels,  if I need to give a tire size I will. Anyone roughly know what the spacers or "adaptors run just roughly" I'm going for bottom of the line at the moment,  I need to be able to get the car up my driveway, the stock wheels have the car sitting extremely low. Btw it's a g28 roadster body if that makes a difference.

Thanks for advice hopefully I put this in the right location.