Author Topic: Lug nuts  (Read 4422 times)

Robert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
Re: Lug nuts
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 10:35:19 AM »
I too would like to keep America working but here is a dilemma I seem to face more and more. The American company is totally clueless and the foreign company says what can we do to help. They say here is the engineer we have assigned to you and this is who he answers to if that is not satisfactory. What am I supposed to do? I do not like it, but what am I supposed to do?
Find another American company.
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

JJS SE30

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 19
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 10:08:27 AM »
I agree, a little more money equals a lot longer life.  Mcgard might have you reach in your pocket a little deeper but you won't have to go in that pocket as often.  In addition I to try buy American whenever I can. 

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 08:32:26 AM »
I spent the extra money on Mcgard for my every day vehicles. Worth every penny.  The cheaper ones started to rust and the edges would roll over. The Mcgard are still perfect after several winters of mud/snow/salt baths. ::usa  ::usa

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 01:15:52 AM »
I too would like to keep America working but here is a dilemma I seem to face more and more. The American company is totally clueless and the foreign company says what can we do to help. They say here is the engineer we have assigned to you and this is who he answers to if that is not satisfactory. What am I supposed to do? I do not like it, but what am I supposed to do?

solrac

• Liked: 52
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 12:37:12 AM »
Pues eso Si pero cada estado es differente.  Nomas que aqui cuando quiero buscar trabajadores siempre quieren Cobrar bien caro. Y aparte las leyes aqui estan pesadas.
Por lo mismo tesla motors no hicieron la nueva fabrica aqui en California.

Yo no Digo que no a que ayudarnos uno a Otros aqui. Si que nomas que unos nomas quieren que los apoyen y no apoyan para tras.

I have helped a couple of members here not charging them a dime and me paying shipping my self just to helped them out but when it was time for when I needed helped they wanted to charged.
Same goes for big companies.

Robert

• Lamborghini's rule!
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 12:29:20 AM »
It's really hard because many ppl including me. Lol want to pay low prices for top quality parts.
Paying someone $12 an hr or more is hard to get good quality prices for cheap.
As an employer it's not just $12 an hr u pay them. U also have to pay futa tax. Edd and other taxes . For a 20 ppl warehouse u need like $20k to $30k weekly payroll. And that's just minimum wage.
And that's just the payrol not to mention finding good workers here in Los Angeles. Lol.
You should buy rays. They are made in Japan. That's what I have.
My Reventon hermano, esto no ayuda a nuestros compatriotas estadounidenses trabajan.

solrac

• Liked: 52
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 11:06:31 PM »
It's really hard because many ppl including me. Lol want to pay low prices for top quality parts.
Paying someone $12 an hr or more is hard to get good quality prices for cheap.
As an employer it's not just $12 an hr u pay them. U also have to pay futa tax. Edd and other taxes . For a 20 ppl warehouse u need like $20k to $30k weekly payroll. And that's just minimum wage.
And that's just the payrol not to mention finding good workers here in Los Angeles. Lol.
You should buy rays. They are made in Japan. That's what I have.

Robert

• Lamborghini's rule!
Lug nuts
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 10:20:44 PM »
I went to Autozone, and Orielly auto searching for lug nuts. The tuner lug nuts I was looking for were all made in China or Taiwan. I ended ordering the McGard spline lugs and wheel locks on ebay for $107. I would rather spend a few extra buck on good quality parts, and keep my fellow Americans working. We need to demand American made parts in our stores!