Author Topic: Wish List of Tools  (Read 1910 times)

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
Re: Wish List of Tools
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 12:57:25 PM »
IKR, what are you up to? That tool makes bends with a great big radius, not the smaller radius like a conventional tube bender makes which are common to a typical chassis. Maybe an exoskeleton car with a long sweeping arch?

making the exoskeleton roof section to fit around the fiero side support frame ,with some nice rolled square tubing across the windshield opening.

sit this over the top of the side support system ,all lower tubes on the roof cage will be weld to a angle iron plate ,that sit on the fiero firewall & upper rear fiero strut lead in tubs, the 2" x 2" top bars.this is a working model for now as we get into this some items may have to change ,Oh the door hinge system will be tied into the sub-frame support.this should make the surround simple and more user friendly ,get it set, then everything line up in theory.

POST PICTURES OF ANY SPECIALTY TOOL YOU GUYS PLAN TO BUY !! WHAT DOES IT DO
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 07:49:09 PM by italianknightrider »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

lp670mike

• Lambo Mafia
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 282
  • Member Rating Points: +10/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 11:02:36 AM »
I bought this one at Harbor Freight and it works well, it's not as nice as the one you posted though:  http://www.harborfreight.com/tubing-roller-99736.html

I have that tubing roller as well.  Works pretty good cant beat it for the money.
I used it to make the curved wing strut mounts.

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 09:51:38 AM »
IKR, what are you up to? That tool makes bends with a great big radius, not the smaller radius like a conventional tube bender makes which are common to a typical chassis. Maybe an exoskeleton car with a long sweeping arch?

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 08:37:28 AM »
I bought this one at Harbor Freight and it works well, it's not as nice as the one you posted though:  http://www.harborfreight.com/tubing-roller-99736.html
Pedro

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
Wish List of Tools
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 05:34:08 AM »

making one of these tubing rollers ,i hope it turn out nice and useful 
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.