Author Topic: Carlisle Kit Nationals -2016 May 13,14,15  (Read 6498 times)

RT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
Re: Carlisle Kit Nationals -2016 May 13,14,15
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 02:42:03 PM »
This year all of us "Lamboclone" owners and builders agreed to drag our builds back for next year's show.  If we all do that, we will have a VERY good showing.  Some of our builds will be FINALLY completed!  What we would like is for anyone with the passion we have (that should be everyone here) and a build (in any state of construction) to do the same.
It may not seem to those on the West coast that there are as many of us East coast, Carlisle guys as on the West coast, or the show is as good.  We have all the interest and enthusiasm just not the numbers who show up at one time.  Hopefully next year we will be able to match your attendance.  We are all in this together, no competition.
I almost brought my car this year but it wasn't finished so I was a spectator.  From what I know and hear, next year will be spectacular.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 285
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 12:33:30 PM »
For me 9 hrs drive ( no trailer and bit of a speeding)

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 11:43:25 AM »
That's 2,600 miles away from me  :sosad
Pedro

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 285
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 11:22:35 AM »
Well it seem most of the lambo kitcar guys are hundreds miles from Carlisle
And it's Bit of a beech to trail your car complete or in the build stage. To that distance.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
Carlisle Kit Nationals -2016 May 13,14,15
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 10:25:08 AM »
I am going to challenge Lamboclone.com Members to push, drag, trailer, or drive their Lamborghini Replica/Clone to the 2016 Carlisle Kit Nationals next year.  Why?  Because there is a competition between clubs to see who has the most cars there.  Carlisle rates the top 3 clubs who have the most entries.  Do they give out a trophy?  Not to my knowledge.  Maybe just a piece of paper but it's about PRIDE & PRESTIGE in the hobby that we love.  This year, 2015, awards were as follows:

Kit Club Challenge:
1st: Speedster Owners -59 (Porsche Kits)
2nd: Manx Club- 21 (Dune Buggies)
3rd: Avenger-Valkyrie Registry- 6 (Short wheelbase, coupes, rear engine, look like a cheap knock off of a Factory Five)

People came to us on Friday asking "Where are the Lambos?"  We didn't have ONE to show.  WE HAD 2 LAMBOS there on Saturday.  Let's show Carlisle that WE ARE ALIVE!!!  Let's try to show we have many who love our cars.  May 13,14,& 15th, 2016.  A good day to attend is on Friday and the best day to attend is on Saturday.  Sunday is NOT the day to bring your car due to the way of Carlisle's Program. (even the vendors have left by Sunday).  There was a drone flying around taking a video of the numbers of cars that attended this year.  It shows how big the Carlisle Show is.  Someone posted on this forum a while back that we should all get together and show our cars.  Well guess what...We already have a place to get together and show our cars!    WILL YOU BE THERE NEXT YEAR??   Where have all of the MURCIE builders gone?  WILL YOU BE THERE??  Mark down those dates and plan ahead.  We need YOU.  Thanks.  The following video was shot with a drone this year.  Make sure that you select 720p for resolution setting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QHRcCoy2pM&list=PL3F16B16F73A3CF11&feature=player_embedded

Carlisle is located in central Pennsylvania just west of Harrisburg.  It is where I-81 crosses I-76.  There are many motels and restaurants to satisfy your appetite (Hoss's steak House and Middlesex Diner are two of my favorite stops)

My $0.10 for what it's worth.  Jim
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:37:58 AM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired