Author Topic: The Ol' "what kind of car is that?" question.  (Read 2787 times)

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
Re: The Ol' "what kind of car is that?" question.
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 09:10:02 AM »
Yeah the real cars owners don't like to answer to" Is That  Fiero Kit? " >:(
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 09:12:58 AM by eddie »

lamborghinimurci

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 6
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 01:51:58 AM »
I feel ya on this one. From driving my Murci replica, I actually discovered why so many exotic car owners come off as pricks. They are sick of answering so many dang questions from over entitled joe's. They just want to drive about and enjoy there cars in peace.    ::thumbup

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 12:49:26 PM »
So.....when that 5'10" blond walks up to you and starts asking about your car....tell her to go over to me and I will answer all of her questions!!

Oh im always in the mood to talk cars with cute blonde women. Yeah, i'm shallow.  ;)

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 11:15:20 AM »
So.....when that 5'10" blond walks up to you and starts asking about your car....tell her to go over to me and I will answer all of her questions!!
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 10:35:05 PM »
Custom T-shirt with the questions and answers.
Retired

solrac

• Liked: 52
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 08:40:24 PM »
Just make flyers. Lol
With FAQ

LP640

• MURCI MAFIA
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 36
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • LP640
    • Free Website
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 08:26:05 PM »
When I dont feel like talking, I simply tell people its not mine. stops all questions usually lol
Siteupp.com

notnilc20

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 10:55:56 AM »
Sounds just like a normal day at the Carlisle Nationals.  You will meet a variety of different people that ask those very same questions.  And yes,  there are some that you wonder about.  All in all, the days are enjoyable answering the same questions over and over.  The difference might be people who are not at a car show.  You might try the answer "It's a replica Lambo with a X engine that I spent more than a new car costs on and enjoyed building by myself".
Hehe yeah i like that. All in one answer. Also when they are about to say something else i just say........."and yes, it's fast."

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 10:52:51 AM »
Sounds just like a normal day at the Carlisle Nationals.  You will meet a variety of different people that ask those very same questions.  And yes,  there are some that you wonder about.  All in all, the days are enjoyable answering the same questions over and over.  The difference might be people who are not at a car show.  You might try the answer "It's a replica Lambo with a X engine that I spent more than a new car costs on and enjoyed building by myself".
Retired

notnilc20

The Ol' "what kind of car is that?" question.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 01:55:00 AM »
I hope i don't sound like too much of an @ss. So, you get all kinds of people talking to you when you drive around what lay people perceive to be a real exotic car.  "What is it?" They ask. I always tell them it's a lambo inspired car that i built based off the Murcielago because i don't want to lie and try to pass it off as a real Lamborghini. But then that starts the gambit of 21 questions. "Where did you get the body?" "How much did the body cost?" "What kind of engine does it have?" "How much did it cost?" "How long did it take you to build?"  And my personal favorite, "how fast does it go?"
Then after all the explaining, the next guy/gal comes along and it starts all over again.
Now don't get me wrong for the most part i don't mind talking about the car and answering people's questions even though some of the questions seem a little personal for a stranger to ask to me like "how much money did you pay for it?"
For the most part i'm ok with answering peoples questions because i tell myself that i might do the same thing if i saw a real lambo out and about. But sometimes I am just not in the mood. But i go through with it anyway because i guess it just comes with the territory.  However, is there a better way, like a one liner or something that doesn't sound too douchey for those times i don't feel like giving a verbal timeline of the past 4 years of my life to a curious complete stranger?  So what do you say when someone asks you....."what kinda car is that?"

Can't post a poll but when not in the mood to discuss, would you just say, "it's a Lambo" and leave it at that knowing that you might be giving the wrong impression? Would you suck it up and play 21 questions with someone you'll never see again? Or when they ask "what is it?" Would you say "it's more than you could afford" and peel out and away?  Hehe.

Just on a side note, my mood for discussion has a lot to do with the individual that's asking. For example, some kid that is dressed like a thug with his pants barely hanging on near his knee caps does not inspire me to divulge everything about my car like i'm being interrogated by Columbo. You get the idea. Sorry post is so long but the boards have been slow and just wanted to start up some conversation.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 02:06:14 AM by notnilc20 »