Author Topic: non-stretch Aventador  (Read 9028 times)

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 285
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
Re: non-stretch Aventador
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 03:58:43 PM »
not trying to put him down. but he wants a precise duplicate but on Broad Camaro? the things he says on MM, and he's on every hour to post. I dont think he has the coin to do anything. I hope I'm wrong.

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 12:58:31 PM »
OMG! LOL
man you're funny

SchulzeA

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 02:03:15 AM »
Sounds like your on a tight budget. Have you considered one of these?  ;)

http://www.scootercatalog.com/kalee-lamborghini-murcielago-lp670.html

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 10:08:01 PM »
Let him dream and I personally challenge him (in the sincerest way) that he prove everyone wrong.  It will either stay a dream, a lesson well learned and hopefully shared with others or the best success ever and some guys on here might want one.   ::salute

Chris

Onewickedsvt

• Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 09:19:40 PM »
I guarantee this kid is about 17yrs old, maybe 18 and a biiiig dreamer.

Tallon

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 08:20:57 PM »
lol well unlike the murcie that car actually looks like it might take 100k to build

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 285
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 09:27:32 PM »

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 07:28:02 PM »
 ::rocker    ::bounce

Tallon

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 09:58:54 AM »
I don't get it you claim you can get thousands of dollars worth of fiberglass, resin, other bodywork supplies for no charge but you don't want to save money by buying an already made kit. These are exotics we're building and you are trying to get it done with such a low budget. What is 4-5k for a fiberglass body, nothing. Man I'm glad it's not this simple otherwise we would see them all over the place. Just the fact that you re-decided on an Aventador makes it more challenging (unnoticeable while sitting next to the real thing?)

I haven't stretched a donor car because I made a custom chassis but I'm sure the stretch is the easiest part of the build. You always see people trying to avoid doing the easiest things and that says a lot.

It will sure take a long time to build that body and we all know time IS money.

Also cki doesn't only make the mercy 4 they also make the same body Rob has so who cares? A front engine lambo is going to look like crap no matter who makes it.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:15:08 AM by Tallon »

Onewickedsvt

• Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 10:44:32 PM »
There is nothing BUDGET about building a car. Essentially you are building it from the ground up, you WILL replace all bushings, axels, rods, etc... You will be adding bracing, metal and tabs. You will also add the body panels. There is no such thing as building on a budget. You will go over guaranteed. There is no building cheaply either.

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 10:41:07 PM »
if you're confident in what you can do, then just do it and prove the few here wrong.  I'm sure the first guy that decided to build a Diablo on a fiero chassis was assaulted with comments like;
"that's ridiculous, it'll never work",
"the diablo/murcielago is too wide and long for the fiero",
"stretching a fiero, are you kidding me? It's not safe."
"ok you're still stuck with a crappy fiero engine in a car that's supposed to replicate an exotic italian supercar."

I'm sure things like this were brought up, but whoever did it first went out on a limb despite what the "experts" said and did it.  If you accomplish the same thing with the fourth gen camaro and it works out well, you'll get nothing but respect from me and a  ::thumbup .  Also, if you don't accomplish your goal and you worked hard at it, you'll still get my respect b/c you had the brass to break from the ordinary and do what you do, and I hope others here will see things similarly because you did your thing and made it work.

Good luck with "YOUR" project and hope you can get some helpful guidance using this message board.

Well said notnilc20... thank you! 

Best of luck with your project Ronin, regardless of what you decide to build.  Play it "safe" like most of the builders here or try something different, it's only has to make you happy until you decide to sell it and then you need to find someone that shares what you like.  This is case for every car that's built here and it what helps make the hobby interesting.   ::toothy

Chris
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 10:45:06 PM by No Bull »

notnilc20

• Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 07:25:26 PM »
if you're confident in what you can do, then just do it and prove the few here wrong.  I'm sure the first guy that decided to build a Diablo on a fiero chassis was assaulted with comments like;
"that's rediculous, it'll never work",
"the diablo/murcielago is too wide and long for the fiero",
"stretching a fiero, are you kidding me? It's not safe."
"ok you're still stuck with a crappy fiero engine in a car that's supposed to replicate an exotic italian supercar."

I'm sure things like this were brought up, but whoever did it first went out on a limb despite what the "experts" said and did it.  If you accomplish the same thing with the fourth gen camaro and it works out well, you'll get nothing but respect from me and a  ::thumbup .  Also, if you don't accomplish your goal and you worked hard at it, you'll still get my respect b/c you had the brass to break from the ordinary and do what you do, and I hope others here will see things similarly because you did your thing and made it work.

Good luck with "YOUR" project and hope you can get some helpful guidance using this message board.

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 05:53:20 PM »
Ronin, you are certainly free to do whatever you wish and you should accept the feedback here and on Mad Mechanics as a gift.  Most of the guys here are committed to building a project and most of these projects constitute $30k - $70k investments plus many hours engineering most aspects of the build. 

I agree with everyone else that replicating a mid or rear engine car with a front engine donor will only lead to a very inaccurate and odd looking creation.  The only exception that I've seen to this is the Bugatti build on a Cougar donor that turned out ok.  The difference is that that donor didn't have a large front mounted V8 and the Bugatti body isn't as low slung as a Lamborghini.  If your main motivation is cost, I'd suggest you find a nice Camaro, Firebird, Corvette or other front engine car with a big engine and put your money into a ground effects kit or body package that maintains that cars look but improves it.  A replica build doesn't stop with just throwing a body on a frame, the small details like lights, interior, grills, emblems, paint and bodywork run the bill up very quickly.  Reworking sections of a donor can also be very expensive even if you are doing the work yourself.  Trying to make a Camaro look like a Lamborghini is like trying to make an elephant look like a lion, no matter how much you trim and pull, the skin will never fit correctly and you lose the overall flow of the design.  My advice is that if you are going to try this, build it and prove us wrong instead of talking about it.  When done correctly, a stretched Fiero, MR2 or Boxster is much stronger than it was before and the stretch can give you extra room to squeeze in a larger engine or let the stock engine run cooler. 

I agree with LamboJayso and wonder why you continue to ask for build support on something everyone has been clearly trying to advise you not to attempt.  The purpose of this site is to help builders and dreamers like yourself, however there comes a point that you need to humble yourself, accept the reality that everyone is sharing with you and respect the experience of those providing that feedback. 

It's your money, your dream and your car and I'm 100% convinced that the members here are just trying to provide you honest advice to protect you.

Chris
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 05:57:57 PM by No Bull »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 04:38:39 PM »
Seems like ronin is more interested in gaining attention & fame through the forums rather than building anything, but hey, that's just my opinion and I'm normally wrong 100% of the time ;)

Please be curtious and keep the thread on track....

A front engine is not the best option on building one of these cars. If you do a little research on a fireo you will find they are not only very easy and cheap to stretch (around $200 max if you do it your self) but they are also safe or nobody would be using them. It will be very difficult to get that front engine low enough to get any sort of OEM look, just my .02. However if you ever get it figured out you will be the first and will make some money ::beers

Dustin
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 06:36:18 PM by usmc_butler »

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 04:15:43 PM »
Seems like ronin is more interested in gaining attention & fame through the forums rather than building anything, but hey, that's just my opinion and I'm normally wrong 100% of the time ;)
-Jayso