Author Topic: my 5 minutes of fame...  (Read 1747 times)

drumseven

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
  • Heath Youmans
Re: my 5 minutes of fame...
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 10:43:43 AM »
Good for you tony, that is so AWSOME! !!!

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 12:09:24 PM »
Very cool indeed

tonypaul

• Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 10:16:12 AM »
There was a casting call on Facebook wanting exotic cars in my area and they were needing background extras also. I emailed them a pic of my car and 20 minutes later they callled me and booked me...

They wanted to use me and my car for driving scenes but my car is too loud for filming. Over-all it was alot of fun, but you have to do the same thing like 20 times from 4 different camera angles. And having to be on set at 6:00am was no cake walk for me..

The first scene shot (second pic) was shot between my car and a Audi A8 from the rear of the cars, showing half of my car and half of the Audi. After what seem like a 100 takes they moved camera angle and moved the Audi A8 out of frame so my car could be the background car.

The only down side to this deal was all the other extras, these people are the biggest group of "wanna be's" I have ever seen. This is their day job, they go from movie to movie working as extras thinking their going to get discovered.

Also - sorry for the lack of good pics, there is a "No Photos" allowed on set rule, but someone was able to take these pics and send them to me.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 10:19:06 AM by tonypaul »

jfalbino

• Liked: 12
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 10:02:32 AM »
I used to work with a guy that had his Bullitt Mustang used in "Never Back Down". When asked about it, he said that the production company actually called him, and that they found his vehicle through the DMV records. He said they paid him 3k for 12 days of shooting, and they kept the car on set. I asked him why he let them keep his car on set, and he informed me that the majority of the shoots were being done right down the street from where we worked, and you could actually see the set in Sanford, Florida, from the front office window. Talk about convenience!! Congrats on your fame. Now the value of your vehicle just went up when, and if you decide to sell!!

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 08:50:40 AM »
Wow, that is so cool!  How did you get that gig?
Pedro

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 03:03:58 AM »
That's so cool!! The movie industry has always used replica cars and they don't have the negative stereo type in the movie biz where every thing is just a fake facade

tonypaul

• Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
my 5 minutes of fame...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 11:53:25 PM »
Today me and my Diablo was our first day working in the motion picture business. I was hired along with my car to work as extras on a remake of Urban Cowboy. My car was sitting next to other high end cars and was the key background car more than the other $100k+ cars. Super tired right now but here is a couple pics-