Author Topic: wiring up the fiero gauges to the lambo templet  (Read 8144 times)

armyman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 6
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
Re: wiring up the fiero gauges to the lambo templet
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2017, 12:16:34 AM »
Sorry was not making Murcielago gauges, but with this pin out and a template of the Murcielago gauges you could easily make them yourself. I know at one time IKR and Murci-Me both sold the template and I believe at one point Murci-Me would build and sell them as a complete set.

AsantiLP

• Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2017, 12:00:19 AM »
Were you making murcielago gauges by any change?If so, would you sell a complete set?

armyman

• Liked: 6
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2017, 07:22:56 PM »
I know this hasn't been topic for awhile, but I had to rewire some stock Fiero gauges this weekend and thought this might help. I didn't think to take pics until after the gauges was back in the car and I wasn't taking them back out sorry. I did all the pics from my phone so they're not the greatest, any questions just ask. P.S. Didn't do the pinout for the speedo since it just plugs right in. Thanks Charles
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 04:58:06 PM by armyman »

pkovgolf

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-2
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 10:42:41 PM »
Hi Murcie Me
Can you please email me at pjkovach@comcast.net?
I have the gauges, your gauge display sheet/decal, EL sheet and power supplies that came with them, etc.
My dash and center console are black and grey, but I was going to do my pod/housing  in carbon fiber.
You said $230 for building it with my parts
I am in and would love you to do it!
I haven't gotten my new housing from Rob, so that is the bummer - but hopefully will have it soon

What do I need to do for you to build it ?  :)

Thank you!!!
Peter

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 08:22:17 PM »
No worries at all then  ;)

pslim337

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 07:29:54 AM »
yes 86 fiero

Murci-Me

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 01:07:38 AM »
Are you built on a Fiero?

pslim337

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 06:39:20 AM »
murci-me im in but i have a 3800sc in mine

Murci-Me

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 12:55:49 AM »
So, what exactly do you guys want? I can make working guage clusters for anybody who wants them. They will have my guage face, unless you send me the one you want to use. As far as the Fiero guages go, you can send me yours to be installed or I can get them from the junkyard and you pay the cost (usually around $50 for the 6 guages). If you want them to light up, you'll need to send me the 12v electroluminescent panels (available on Ebay, 2 req'd), and its a $30 charge to cut and install them.
The best price I could do is $230 plus parts (guages, EL panels, wiring harnesses). This would not include the dot matrix shift display. You would have to mount it to your pod/shark mouth (trim). If you dont have either of those, I could supply them finished (send me your leather or vinyl) for additional $150.
If you want to see what my cluster looks like, I can make a video or you can look at the one Vf1skullangel posted.

☆★☆★☆★☆☆★☆★☆★☆☆★☆★☆★☆☆★☆★☆★☆☆★☆★☆★☆☆★☆★☆★☆☆★☆★☆★☆☆★☆★☆★☆☆★☆★☆★☆

Link for EL panels: http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-x6-EL-Panel-Sheet-Pad-Back-Light-Display-Backlight-W-/271149639823?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f21c7288f&vxp=mtr
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 01:11:20 AM by Murci-Me »

pslim337

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 06:05:43 PM »
i wish some one wood jest make one plug an play  ill buy  it asap

Murci-Me

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 09:55:18 PM »
Its very simple to do, yet very time consuming. Mounting the guages doesn't take much time, its the wiring and circuit board construction for the trouble lights thats alot of work.
My guage face does not have the trouble lights in the same location as the OEM faces, mine run across the top of the face all in a row. I like it better that way, its easier to make and all the icons are up high in your line of sight, not hidden by the steering wheel.
All my guages are Fiero. I did that so that everything wires up the same without any guesswork of compatability. If you're building on a Fiero with a Fiero engine, it only makes sense to use what was designed for the car.
I have the dot matrix in the upper center of the guage face. There are many ways to make this work, but if you go with a "off the shelf" display, you will need the circuitry to drive it as well. I made my own display with micro size L.E.D's, and then came up with a driver board using diodes.
The complete working guage face (without the dot matrix display)would cost about $650 if I were to build it, as long as you supplied the guages.  It takes about 30 hours to build.

LP640

• MURCI MAFIA
  • Liked: 36
  • LP640
    • Free Website
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 06:42:51 PM »
I am getting a custom LCD for my instrument cluster.. =)
if any one would like one let me know so i can see if i can get u another one..

is it plug and play? how much?
Siteupp.com

dratts

• Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 01:23:33 PM »
Murci-me's method is exactly right.  My guy apparently mounted the gauges First and then tried to apply the face.   I have bubbles now and the face is ruined.  I have custom gauges but my car came with a camaro cluster and you can't get any cheaper than that.  If I were to do it again I would use the $20 camaro gauges from a salvage yard that just plug into the Fiero wiring installed in murci-me's way.  If I stopped there I would either have to live with the gauges looking ok but not displaying the correct rpm and speed or find a way to get them right.  Dakota digital?   I had to use the oil temp gauge on this face for my voltmeter. 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 10:35:12 PM by dratts »

solrac

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 52
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 01:17:05 AM »
I am getting a custom LCD for my instrument cluster.. =)
if any one would like one let me know so i can see if i can get u another one..

lamboman

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 12:10:28 AM »
thank you, I did get the gm wiring from the post. Question are you using fiero gauges or other gm gauges?

Help with the digital read out for gear selector position on the murci dash. Does anyone have this wired and working? Looking for a parts list and how to.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 12:19:42 AM by lamboman »