Author Topic: When was the first year of the Diablo???  (Read 1382 times)

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
Re: When was the first year of the Diablo???
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 10:56:30 AM »
It seems to me that the Cizeta came out a little late to get into the competition even though it does show a mix of Ferrari and Lamborghini.  More of this Wraith story can be found at http://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/wraith-M4S.html.  Amazing was 400hp from a 4-cylinder engine with twin turbos.  Once again the Big Buck corporations push the small guy into poverty.

(nothing to do with this post but I recently down-sized from my nice Buick Lucerne to a Malibu 2.0L Turbo 6-speed auto.  The Malibu will walk circles around the Buick.  You have to drive one to believe it.)

Jim
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 11:05:15 AM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 07:26:14 AM »
Here's some info from an old news report:

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 05:37:12 AM »
Are we talking the Dodge MS4 Interceptor from the movie the Wraith? If I remember correctly (and don't quote me on this) John had helped in designing the original Interceptor and when it came down to redesigning it for the upcoming Wraith 2 (which never happened) they started to redesign it at his place to keep cost down. The reason they shut him down was cause there was no Wraith 2. At least that is the story I was told lol!
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 11:57:42 PM »
This was the car that influenced the Diablo design the most but I'm sure that styling ques were borrowed from the Dodge.  From what I understand, they still have the car from the movie on display at Chrysler headquarters and John Watson once sunk a ton of money into producing a body kit and they came after him and shut him down.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cizeta-Moroder_V16T

Chris
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 11:59:14 PM by No Bull »

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
When was the first year of the Diablo???
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 10:48:34 PM »
I just happened to be watching an old flick tonight (The Wraith) and what do I see?  Well to me it closely, sort of, resembles a Lamborghini Diablo.  Wait a minute, this movie was produced in 1986.  Well, it sure looks like a Diablo but wait.  According to the powers that be, it was designed and built around 1981 as a Dodge M4S Turbo Interceptor, a prototype by Chrysler.  Did I just say 1981??  Now how do you suppose that Lamborghini came up with a winning design for the Diablo which came out in the 90s??  (I did see the pentastar on the nose of the car in "The Wraith") Coincidence or not? ::scratch ::scratch ::scratch

20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired