Author Topic: Crazy Story - New Member  (Read 1038 times)

redhammer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 40
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: Crazy Story - New Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 01:00:27 PM »
I had dvd of this car, i think its one of the first gen roadsters Ron built. nice to see it's being put back together

minihawn

• Liked: 84
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: Crazy Story - New Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 12:39:04 PM »
looks good. my kit has a similar story...well sorta lol. being that my kit was completed at one point(2004) ,then it sat for a while then taken apart for improvements . I'm now putting things back together

::welcome  ::thumbup
Fate has no choice

nadeauc

• Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Crazy Story - New Member
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 11:37:57 AM »
I am building a 1999 Diablo Roadster with a 2000 Dash.  It was from NAERC.  I started in 2000.
The car is built on a chromoly tube chassis.  I did use a Fiero seating tub but there are no other Fiero parts.  The engine is a destroked 400 SBC mated to a 915 Porsche trans. The car was completed in 2005 and taken to a show however the clutch broke which landed it in a shop up in Edmonton.  Following 6 months of "improvements" and close to $70 grand the owner got hit by a truck.  Sadly the car had been completely disassembled and many parts had been damaged along the way.  That lead to the car being hauled to Calgary where it spent a hear in a shop being repaired and improved. 
It has a leather seat and dash.  It has sat now for several years and collected a lot of dust through a couple moves.
I am just rebuilding the rear A-Arms to perfect the stance.  The interior guy will be working on the carpet and firewall soon.  I am hoping that it will make it into the world of wheels in Feb.