Author Topic: Has anyone raced their Lambo Replica?  (Read 6225 times)

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
Re: Has anyone raced their Lambo Replica?
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2015, 11:45:58 AM »
A Glide and trans brake wont work? Pretty funny. Does anyone remember Clutch Glides? This thread has been fun but I think it has lost it's purpose as the original poster seems to have disappeared.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2015, 11:29:26 AM »
Wow!! Drag racing a Lambo.  Let's see....Bickel chassis, 9" Ford, 4-link, 15x14x32s tucked in the quarters, Liberty 5-speed, NOS, 500 cid Reher-Morrison, 3-disk clutch, Nope, maybe go with a Glide and a trans brake..... that ain't gonna work.  You did say "a Lambo"??  Now, back in the 70s.............
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

eddie

• Liked: 285
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2015, 11:13:54 AM »
Guys nothing against that, as long it is in save place out public and cops ha ha ,

AdrianBurton

• Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2015, 08:59:28 AM »
Im with Charlie on this, you can set up your car for dragracing, but you will (usually) compromise the performance elsewhere

76mx

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2015, 12:56:18 AM »
Wow that video sends chills down my spine, im totally against anytype of street drag racing its very dangerous to innocent people. Did you see how many cars were around those idiots? lucky and i mean very lucky no one was hurt! probably some young punks with no care about other people. hey we were all young but i tell you back in the 80's and 90's we didnt do stupid crap like that we mostly went to old country roads out of town. Different generation of young men now, no respect.. no cares
   Yep, back in the 70's we did it a little different too. Not only did we not want to hurt anyone, we didn't want to hurt ourselves either. CB crackles that the Lead checks, then the Flank checks, the Badcat announces "In the Cradle", and the Trailboss gives a go....and we never did it in the rain.

s.pearcy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2015, 10:22:43 PM »
Wow that video sends chills down my spine, im totally against anytype of street drag racing its very dangerous to innocent people. Did you see how many cars were around those idiots? lucky and i mean very lucky no one was hurt! probably some young punks with no care about other people. hey we were all young but i tell you back in the 80's and 90's we didnt do stupid crap like that we mostly went to old country roads out of town. Different generation of young men now, no respect.. no cares
Selective exitation transfer due to possible saturation exposure.

tonypaul

• Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2015, 10:07:01 PM »
I tried 2 times yesterday to post to this thrad and it didnt work... Anyway-

I raced my Diablo kit car this past june at a street racing event, raced 5 different cars in one night. And I lost all 5 races, mostly due to traction issues and just being up against better cars. But I drive the snot out of my car, donuts, fry the rear tires all the way down the street, just about beat on it everytime I drive it.

My advice if your either thinking of building a kit car or buying one, get one with a custom frame/chassis. Streched Fieros suck for performance/racing, unless you spend more money on suspension that it cost to build a custom chassis.

Right now Im back down to about 12# of boost which is about 540hp to the tire. Anything more and the car just doesnt like it. Even at 10# I have to roll into it, if I stab it the car goes stupid. Im currently building another car (Buick Regal/twin turbo/BBC) cause my Diablo just wont hold the power I want.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 10:23:08 PM by tonypaul »

eddie

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2015, 05:56:31 PM »
 Charley maybe not all can drive like pro,to many HP ends up here
http://gtspeed.us/2015/10/24/this-highway-muscle-car-shootout-ended-very-badly/

76mx

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2015, 03:50:07 PM »
FlankerG,
   In your first post you want to get into the kitcar biz, now we learn it is to drag race one. I have to agree with the opinions here, it has never once occurred to me that I should take experience from seven NHRA National Titles and apply it to the kitcar industry. But if that is what you want to do, I offer my services. This reminds me of something that used to happen all the time. Take an exotic out on Saturday night and everyone wants to drag race. Take a Pro Street Chevelle and they all want to race top speed. I have to disagree with the street racing opinions though, that is what put me through the University of Texas.
   I would be happy to build or sell parts for this venture, but don't we already know the outcome of 600HP in a 2,200 pound car? That is power to weight better than a Nascar Cup Car, which I also have a little experience in, and the HP/weight/friction coefficient formula will tell you everything else we need to know.

88.5countach

• Liked: 56
  • Member Rating Points: +11/-0
    • 88.5 Countach's Website (Lamborghini Countach Replica)
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2015, 02:43:59 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if Luc the builder of mine tracked it.  That's his passion.   I never asked him but will.

As for doing a track day, when asked at shows I alway say I couldn't.   I've done track days love it but the thought of doing punishing laps to the dream car.....no way.

AdrianBurton

• Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2015, 01:29:53 PM »
I am not sure about anyone else I am planning to run mine pretty hard if I can ever get the time to finish it.  But to answer you as mot of the guys have suggested, there are fwe of us that will drag race these, you might get a few roll on guys though

faker

• Liked: 26
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 12:18:50 PM »
I am the proud owener of this baby!

eddie

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 05:04:47 AM »
yes I do have very much poor attitude, maybe cause I'm twice the age of yours ha ha, but If  I have a C6 why bother with clone?  and as far as street racing I'm very much against!! too many innocent people gets hurt some even die due to the show offs.
 post picture of your ride please I like Corvettes , I had one 74 /454 BN paid 7.4K sold after 5 year for 5. kicking my butt till today for not keeping it.

Havemurci

• Liked: 89
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 10:32:05 PM »
FlankerG, I think the thing you don't see is that we actually do make a lot of the parts we use and the nature of a build where you don't know what will work, if you break , you do untold damage that the local garage can't fix, and over all, these cars take years to complete ,if at all. So few people who have put out that effort and comitment and put up with the delayed gratification involved, would take chances with it.
That said, maybe you could have led with your intention and the response might have been different.

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 10:20:17 PM »
FlankerG. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. You see, on this message board, we get dreamers and kids all the time asking the same questions; "how fast is it?", "do you get girls easy or easy girls?" "How much is it?".  Etc etc. and it gets a little taxing. perhaps if you would have introduced yourself and stated your intentions first im sure we would have taken you more seriously.  :)

I still want to see this turbo LSX Murcielago you mentioned. I know there is a guy here Tony who has a turbo lsx diablo and it is stunning for sure.  Anyway, hope all is well and that's an impressive car you got there. Just remember to keep the rubber side down. 
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 10:24:24 PM by notnilc20 »