Author Topic: Has anyone raced their Lambo Replica?  (Read 6249 times)

FlankerG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: Has anyone raced their Lambo Replica?
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 09:44:23 PM »
You must be 20 something years old!
First off most of the replicas when they are done (right) cost around 50-75 K. Good 75 % of the replica owners can't drive like race driver . It takes a skill. Second after all the years I build it , spent so much money in to , would I want risk to get into accident? Not me ! You want to go light to light yeah that happens ,but race ?
I you have this kind of dream keep your V tech powered Honda.

Wow you've got a poor attitude....

I'm actually 35 and own a C6 ZR1 Corvette in which I paid $136,700 after tax.... I've also spent years building it, money ext and run it regularly.

Unless you work in an hourly wage job I don't see the worry.

I'm also a part of 1320video(YouTube that) we where looking for a possible replica to feature in an up coming video but it looks like you folks stair down on anyone who is passionate about racing. So with that said I'll take my REAL car and perhaps go find a REAL Lamborghini to take a video off.

faker

• Liked: 26
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 06:10:13 PM »
eddie and notnilic are absolutely right, why would you bother to race a real lambo much less a replica? its stupid both ways, one is 100s of thousands of dollars and the other is 10s of thousands so just like notnilic and Eddie just explained its not worth it. i can understand wanting a little more pickup then a v6 feiro or a standard mr2, but i rather dump the cash in oem parts rather than a bunch of motor upgrades.

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 12:16:38 PM »
I'm interested in seeing this turbo LSX Murcielago.  I hope you aren't talking about super repli-scams? Like eddie said. If you had one why would you want to race it?  These are not race cars any more than your Honda Civic. The difference is you can get parts more readily for your civic. These replicas take years and years and 10's of thousands of dollars to get right. Throwing that all away so i can say I beat the local highschool racer wanna be in his $1,000 Honda. Eh-uh don't think so.

On another note. If some ricer or anyone for that fact pulls up next to you and you are in a genuine real Lamborghini, do you think you'd race?  What for? What does it prove?  A real Lambo owner would simply laugh at you and continue about his day.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 12:28:19 PM by notnilc20 »

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 11:23:40 AM »
Vetch or vetc I don't give sheet , I couldd'n  care what other think of my build , fast or slow  I build it and you and others can say what ever keeps them happy.  You want to go fast then go , I'll keep my drivers licence in my pocket and nobody gets hurt . Race are for track not on streets.
 Now I'm off to work on my car ,while you can only dream  to have a pos car like mine .

faker

• Liked: 26
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 10:25:18 AM »
Its "vtec" not "vtech"  vtech makes electronics, just saying because i live my life a quarter mile at a time. NAS RUN!,  and all this kids trying to say is "its not how you stand by your car, its how you drive your car" lol just giving you crap  :LL: ::tongue

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 09:43:09 AM »
You must be 20 something years old!
First off most of the replicas when they are done (right) cost around 50-75 K. Good 75 % of the replica owners can't drive like race driver . It takes a skill. Second after all the years I build it , spent so much money in to , would I wAnt risk to get into accident? Not me ! You want to go light to light yeah that happens ,but race ?
I you have this kind of dream keep your V tech powered Honda.

FlankerG

• Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Has anyone raced their Lambo Replica?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 06:28:09 AM »
Hey guys I'm thinking about getting in the replicar game. Some of these cars look great but I've always wondered how fast do they really go? Especially that one dude with his Turbo LSX Murcielago replica! You know that's gotta be faster than a real one!

it would be a shame if you where slower than some ricer in his Honda.  ::bounce