Author Topic: magnifying glasses  (Read 2766 times)

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
Re: magnifying glasses
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 11:25:42 AM »
A thermos bottle has a "thermo" sensor in the cap.  I thought everyone knew that.    NO, I never ever thought of puting my wife in a microwave oven.  Ball-Mason jars, maybe.  Put your wife in the trunk of your car with your dog.  Come back in an hour and open it and see which is happy to see you.

Jim
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 11:28:53 AM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

CCIE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 11:31:17 AM »
Thermos can be used for cold things too? I always thought it was only for hot coffee while working on Lamborghini replica in cold days. Wow now I can work on my replica on warm days and have cold drinks!!!! Good and very useful information Thank you...

Microwave... put cold food in, push a button, get hot food out.
Wish there was a device you could put wife/significant other with headache in, push a button, get horny wife/significant other out.

But never ever ever put your significant other in a microwave, it will only make their head swell and give them even a greater headache, you will be stuck getting pocked by bubba and your replica will be sold off for peanuts or worst trashed/junked.

Thanks again for the Thermos info, very usefull info… Now I have a reason to wait until the next summer to work on my replica so I can have a cold drink
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 11:37:49 AM by CCIE »

dratts

• Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 11:03:11 AM »
I don't know how this turned into humor, but it's my kind of humor!  Thanks guys.

Murci-Me

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 11:03:33 PM »
Very usefull information! Thanks for the "heads up" warning about the toilet bowl cleaner, I often wondered about that.
The thermos is by far the most ingenious invention ever though. You put hot liquids in, and they stay hot. You put cold liquids in, and they stay cold. How does it know? Simply ingenious.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 11:07:52 PM by Murci-Me »

CCIE

• Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 09:46:20 PM »
Toilet bowl cleaner… It is blue in color but don’t try to drink it, ever… If you think by drinking Toilet Bowl cleaner will flush out your system think again. By the way Thomas Crapper was not the inventor of the toilet bowl. That Honor lies with Sir John Harington… Thought you ought to know while working on your Lamborghini Replica….

Murci-Me

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 09:12:26 PM »
Q-tips. There are several uses for them. A box of 500 is a good value. Dont buy generic though, they are of poor quality and fall apart during use. Use brand name Q-tips only, even though they may cost more.

dratts

• Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 04:44:46 AM »
I have to have them for reading and the computer too now due to my age.  I buy them a half dozen at a time at the dollar store for less than just one anywhere else.  Not as high quality, but I lose them or sit on them anyway.

madmods

• Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
magnifying glasses
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 01:17:45 AM »
Walgreens, cvs and many other places sell magnifying glasses. Great to buy several of them in different strengths. I use them all the time basically just to make things look bigger as I work on them.
Keep dreaming-I'm sweating, glassing, welding and building every night!
Gagliardi Vendetta
Vetter Carrera Gt
Vetter Lp 640