Author Topic: NAERC Build  (Read 53256 times)

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
NAERC Build
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 12:05:13 PM »
Now that I have most of my material ready for me to start building my NAERC chassis I started building the frame sections in a 3D program that I have.  I will make this thread to ask for your help in the building process of this chassis.
I will start off with frame section ODC-9410, please look at the pictures below and give me your opinions with the problems I am having in the clouded areas.  I just want to say that I have double checked all the dimensions and angles on the parts and they are correct as given on the plans:

1. -  According to the plans there is supposed to be a reveal of only 1/8” at the ends of part #4010 where it mates to part #4030 but the way I have it I have 5/16” reveal at each end.  Should I make part #4030 with new dimensions and angles to fit better to part #4010 in order to have the 1/8” reveal at each end?

2. - No matter which way I rotate parts 4060 and 4050 I can’t get them to align properly and they overlap each other.  Again do I change these parts so that they align properly and don’t overlap each other?

« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:42:55 PM by autopro »
Pedro