Author Topic: New to the forum don't know where to get started  (Read 1794 times)

Ahmad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: New to the forum don't know where to get started
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 03:49:08 PM »
Thankz guys for all great advice & warnings as well. I am capable of building one I have been in the automotive industry for over 18yrs. Last 15yrs i have been working as an auto bodyman & painter. I have painted a couple of real Lambos out here In Vegas. I'm starting my own shop now & figured a kit car would be a great show piece for what I do. Gonna do more research before I get committed though. Thankz again.

merodeador74

• Liked: 9
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 09:31:03 AM »
@ahmad, I was in the same situation you are right now, and I think at some point I posted something like this too, I just started my own build(check out my thread "crazy aventador build") a lot of people said I was crazy but I'm convinced that if you put your mind to it it can be done, but you really have to want it, if you want it with all your heart and soul you will create the way to make it possible, like I did

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 09:11:59 AM »
Not to mention that they take a looongg time to build and losts more money than you first estimate.  If you have the time, money and are willing to learn you will enjoy the ride

william

• Liked: 39
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 06:57:51 PM »
Like Big Pines said,  if you really want it, it's doable,  ignore the negative people I heard the same garbage "if you can't do welding and if you can't do wiring and if you can't do this or that don't do it" bs because we all start somewhere, but, only do it if you really really want it otherwise it's not worth it. Good luck.

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 11:35:14 AM »
Welcome Ahmad! You've already received some good advice from aeauto. He is asking good questions too. There are no bolt on kits for these cars. Lots of custom fabrication goes into each one. Also getting body panels for any model is difficult. The Aventador is the most difficult to get and those which are available may require a lot of extra work to get right.

Don't let that deter you if this is something you really want to do. It will require a lot of work, a lot of research and learning but it is doable.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 11:42:19 AM by BigPines »
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

aeauto

• Liked: 33
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 10:14:41 AM »
What is your budget?  How much time do you have?  What skills and equipment do you have?  The Aventador is very hard to build because there is no one making a good body and kits for any of the Lambo models do not exist.  There are some bodies available but you will have to make up most of the stuff yourself.  If you have no idea where to start you probably should spend some time doing some research and see if this is really something you can do before you start spending money.

Ahmad

• Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
New to the forum don't know where to get started
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 05:54:17 PM »
Can someone please point me in the right direction to get started on building an Adventador I have no clue where to begin?