How To - Tips > Fuel System

Any tricks to expand Fuel filler hose?

(1/4) > >>

notnilc20:
Ok so i said i would update this situation when i got it sorted out and i am happy and relieved that it is sorted. I ended up ordering a 90 degree stainless 1.25" tube off ebay to weld to the factory firebird gas nozzle and connected the SS tube to a 1.25" rubber hose made for fuel and that ran to my gas tank nozzle. Now i can go to the gas station and fill it up full blast at the pumps.

The key was to not have such a tight radius 90 degree right behind the fas nozzle and big enough tube. My previous was only 3/4" tube now it's 1.25". I figured 3/4" was good enough because the stock pipe is 3/4" but it is a straight shot to te tank and only traveling about 15". My setup because the Murcielago gas lid is located in a different position i had to run about 35" of pipe plus a 90 degree and i didn't account for this when going with the original 3/4" size. Anyway hope this helps someone else later and maybe they can learn from my mistake. Happy building.

eddie:
notnilc the fuel tank has about 5" 45* 2" tube. Jim Dinner custom made it so I would not had any problem installing the filler neck and connecting hose. total length is from bottom of the tube to end of the filler neck around 8-10" I don't remember now, but its short. the Toyota Corrola had a small tube hanging out as vent but I cut it off, tap and screwed vertical nipple . the reason why ?I could not push it trough the hole ,so after it was in, from inside I screwed the nipple run the 3/8 hose to tank.
 BTW why Corolla ? we had one write off in our shop so I help my self.

76mx:
This is a muffler pipe expander, $10 at Harbor Freight. As you crank the shaft, the inner cones are pulled together which expands the fingers. It also works great to put an 1-1/2 radiator hose onto a 1-3/4 SBC water pump.

notnilc20:

--- Quote from: eddie on December 08, 2015, 07:23:23 PM ---Jim on my roadster I use Toyota filler neck
And is about 4" long . The rest I cut off and attached 1.3/4?id  hose out or
Alfa Romeo . Now the air went is located on filler tube and on NAREC
Alum tank , There is a 1/4 ntp female fitting connected by 3/8 gas hose . It works good full throttle pump no burping . So maybe each application how the tank ic located makes difference

--- End quote ---

Curious as to what the distance is between the filler neck and tank is on you car eddie. Thanks.

eddie:
Jim on my roadster I use Toyota filler neck
And is about 4" long . The rest I cut off and attached 1.3/4?id  hose out or
Alfa Romeo . Now the air went is located on filler tube and on NAREC
Alum tank , There is a 1/4 ntp female fitting connected by 3/8 gas hose . It works good full throttle pump no burping . So maybe each application how the tank ic located makes difference

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version