How To - Tips > Fuel System

Any tricks to expand Fuel filler hose?

<< < (2/4) > >>

notnilc20:
Well after messing with it a bit tonight, i have decided to order some 1 1/4" hose because i couldn't get the 1" hose over the plastic pipe coming out of the fuel tank. I even shaved down the rim on te pipe and still couldn't get the darn thing on there. I did accomplish one thing though. I think I gave myself a hernia trying to get that thing on. J/k but you know what i'm talking about. Anyway, thanks for all the advice my clone brothers. I will give another update when i get this thing nipped. Later.

notnilc20:
Ok i did some more research and found that the air relief line is located on top of the tank.
The tank is the factory donors 2001 pontiac Firebird Formula.

Since with the kit i had to relocate the gas door to the location of the Murcielago gas door. Just in front of the bat wings. The factory filler line is only ID 3/4"  however it is a straight shot to the tank from the fuel door. Now there is a distance of around 40" to travel and two bends of 90 deg. to get to the tank. I thought upsizing a 1/4 would be sufficient but that is what I get for thinking too much. It may be too small like you say, but I am going to try it since I already have the parts. If i need then I will upsize to 1 1/4".

01Lambiero:
More info needed: What fuel tank are you using? (all fuel tanks should already be equipped with an external vent).  Your fuel fill hose is too small (should be 1-1/4" - 1-1/2" diameter).  Do not use reducers to connect your hose.  I don't advise attaching the vent to the filler tube.  Vent hose should be around 1/2"-5/8".

eddie:
In gastank anywhere on top
Filler neck 2" bellow the filling cap

notnilc20:
Thanks Eddie. If i need to go this route do i need to drill and tap the tank next to the filler pipe at the tank? Then run the hose all the way to the filler opening somewhere? Thanks for your help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version