Author Topic: Real Diablo frame for sale  (Read 5487 times)

kmb58

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: Real Diablo frame for sale
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2016, 07:56:36 AM »
I appreciate that feedback.  The truth is= there are a lot of little bits there that i could refinish or at least have on hand to copy.  I am restoring a Diablo...  for starters,  it doesnt have a roof skin.  The roof skin on that car,  if nor useable,  definitely moldable.

The steel door frames and hubs were the biggest heart break. The rest,  a gamble i was willing to take. That pile would have saved me a lot of searching...  and would have helped others.. too.

I told another member this suspension cannot be used for anything and he didn't care.  As long as you understand virtually none of these parts will be usable go for it

It was not worth the $1200 let alone any more

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2016, 12:52:11 AM »
I told another member this suspension cannot be used for anything and he didn't care.  As long as you understand virtually none of these parts will be usable go for it

It was not worth the $1200 let alone any more

kmb58

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2016, 04:37:25 PM »
To all the complainers about my chassis, i reserve the right to sell my property for whatever price i choose and the reason i had a little attitude was because i got tired of "lowballers" that have no money and insult my intelligence and waste my time. If you had as many tire kickers and dreamers call you as i did you would be pissed off also. I do apologize to the man who i thought was trying to use sympathy as a way of lowering my price using his childrens photo but that just isnt cool in my book. Now theres the issue of this man called rodruiguez, i dont know who you think you are but all i can say is your the biggest jerk ive come across in all the people i dealt with. Check your attitude son cause this marine will if i ever met you face to face and you talk the way you do. To the rest of you keep looking there is another chassis coming soon and it will be in better condition. Have a nice new years gentlemen

Steven,

I appreciate the apology- and again, I am sorry that you took my pics that way. I guess hind sight is 20/20 and when you have people emailing you from every direction about it- you could take it that way. It wasn't intended that way- and my advice to you for the future is to just not make comments like you did.

I'm still pretty irked about the deal man. I don't care what attitude you had, how smug you seemed, nor did I really say what I should have when you insulted me. Instead- I took a classier approach.

I wanted to buy the chassis. Site unseen. I was not lowballing you- I offered your asking price, I bid (would have won, it seems) and then I even honored the bid when you approached me. I STILL want the car.. Even with CCIE's report of what a mess it is-- there are parts I can reverse engineer by having that. MY WORK, derived from that car would have made a lot of people happy. I fully intended to map out the arms for people LIKE ME who are looking for arms, or repairing a chassis. It was more than a pile of parts to me.

I went to a bit of trouble sourcing funds and finding a shipper. I mean, I didn't LIFT anything= but it was still effort. In the end I still feel very slighted over this- and whether that matters to you or not, really doesn't matter to me- but it does speak volumes for you. I see the rest of the people talking here are saying similar things and I'm not a praying man, but I do wish you well and hope you can see how this was not good for "the balance" of- well- Karma.

All that aside= I pass no judgement on you as you seem to be human, in some of your message, anyway=  and people have their days. I would LOVE to continue with our negotiation/deal.

I said it before- why don't you "do the right thing"? Recognize that our deal went south because of you and your attitude, but I am willing to look past that. You have my number if you want to talk.

Keith
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 04:55:30 PM by kmb58 »

rodrieguz

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 77
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2016, 08:12:47 AM »
To all the complainers about my chassis, i reserve the right to sell my property for whatever price i choose and the reason i had a little attitude was because i got tired of "lowballers" that have no money and insult my intelligence and waste my time. If you had as many tire kickers and dreamers call you as i did you would be pissed off also. I do apologize to the man who i thought was trying to use sympathy as a way of lowering my price using his childrens photo but that just isnt cool in my book. Now theres the issue of this man called rodruiguez, i dont know who you think you are but all i can say is your the biggest jerk ive come across in all the people i dealt with. Check your attitude son cause this marine will if i ever met you face to face and you talk the way you do. To the rest of you keep looking there is anoth
To all the complainers about my chassis, i reserve the right to sell my property for whatever price i choose and the reason i had a little attitude was because i got tired of "lowballers" that have no money and insult my intelligence and waste my time. If you had as many tire kickers and dreamers call you as i did you would be pissed off also. I do apologize to the man who i thought was trying to use sympathy as a way of lowering my price using his childrens photo but that just isnt cool in my book. Now theres the issue of this man called rodruiguez, i dont know who you think you are but all i can say is your the biggest jerk ive come across in all the people i dealt with. Check your attitude son cause this marine will if i ever met you face to face and you talk the way you do. To the rest of you keep looking there is another chassis coming soon and it will be in better condition. Have a nice new years gentlemen
er chassis coming soon and it will be in better condition. Have a nice new years gentlemen

actions speak louder than worlds in my world buddy, I asked you a simple question and your reply came with a total attitude.   Blame it on whatever but thats not how you do business.   I simply choose to walk away and not bid after I had a conversation with another member and they said the exact same thing about you.   So you wanna call out shots because your  stuff didn't sell.  Get a life.  I love it when a guy talk crap and the net not knowing who or what the guy is capable of on the other end.  I read all your comments  on barn find as well and felt it best to keep my money in my pocket.

http://courtwatchflorida.blogspot.com/2009/04/kudos-to-judge-roger-mcdonald.html?m=1

SemperFi92

• Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2015, 10:31:40 PM »

CCIE

• Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2015, 09:38:26 PM »
Talked with a fella who said he checked the frame out and said... this thing is an absolute mess, he said one of the beam he had his hand on bent and crumpled away, besides the front every thing is badly rusted, there are areas where its so badly rusted that you can see right through the metal, He also mentioned what looks like someone painted on top of the rust before. I was specifically interested in the suspension he said he would not trust them one bit at 20mph let alone at 120mph, he said he walked away after checking it out for $1200... What a shame
O he also mentioned the owner was attitude filled jerk

rodrieguz

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 77
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2015, 07:49:30 PM »
Sellers attitude over a couple questions was exactly what turned me away from buying the chassis

kmb58

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2015, 03:51:12 PM »
Exactly right.

Its complete bullsh** because I was really polite, even when he insulted me- I called him out, but didn't spew any names or anything. I'm a pretty nice guy for the most part. I just didn't appreciate the uncalled for sand in the face... lesson learned. I should have "took it", recieved the car- then told him to GFHM...

Gawd.. looking at pics.. I need so many pieces from that wreck. SO many. I mean- it even had the darn engine bay latches.. Pedals. .. pisses me right off to think about it.

Sorry Bud

I thought of all kind of snarky things to say about that but I think you pretty much summed it up.

It's almost like he has a "real" one so any effort you make doesn't count. Even though his is burnt to a crisp and he doesn't have a title.....

satinta

• Liked: 12
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2015, 03:36:48 PM »
Sorry Bud

I thought of all kind of snarky things to say about that but I think you pretty much summed it up.

It's almost like he has a "real" one so any effort you make doesn't count. Even though his is burnt to a crisp and he doesn't have a title.....

kmb58

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2015, 11:07:51 AM »
I bid just over 4600 and there was an error and it didn't go through. Seller reached out to me after buyer flaked- then we had some misscommunication and well.. looks like I missed.
Yeah that Efay miscommunication thing sucks. They screw with and delete certain messages almost at random. I always try to add the phrase "buy it now" so it looks like I'm making an effort to go through Espay. The more you communicate with someone through their message system the more they screw with you.

No- wasn't that. Heck- looks like there is no chance at me getting it- so I guess sharing the story is moot at this point.

Bascially= he insulted me in his offer. NOT moneywise- I was prepared to pay the bid. He made a comment about an email where I shared my build with him- where my kids were in the pic... said it was "pathetic" that I tried to "warm his heart"... when really- i was just being human, showing that I am not out to make a buck off of him.

I have since apologized when really- I had no reason to-  just trying to smooth over the nonsense so I could buy the car as I REALLY need a lot of those parts.

The guy is an butt hole deluxe.

satinta

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2015, 11:03:45 AM »
I bid just over 4600 and there was an error and it didn't go through. Seller reached out to me after buyer flaked- then we had some misscommunication and well.. looks like I missed.
Yeah that Efay miscommunication thing sucks. They screw with and delete certain messages almost at random. I always try to add the phrase "buy it now" so it looks like I'm making an effort to go through Espay. The more you communicate with someone through their message system the more they screw with you.

lambo_sam

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
  • So. Cal, living the lambo dream everyday!
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/147611676@N08/albums
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2015, 05:12:44 PM »
lol
I want too much for them.

kmb58

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 04:42:59 PM »

::duh

Lambo_Sam- sell me them wheels  ::headbang
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 05:42:05 PM by kmb58 »

lambo_sam

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
  • So. Cal, living the lambo dream everyday!
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/147611676@N08/albums
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 03:09:44 PM »
Even the sellers Dog cracked a smile in one pic... :LL:

satinta

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 02:53:01 PM »
Sold for $4600!!