Author Topic: Carry a Fire extinguisher guys in your lambo guys!  (Read 3664 times)

lambo_sam

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
  • So. Cal, living the lambo dream everyday!
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/147611676@N08/albums
Re: Carry a Fire extinguisher guys in your lambo guys!
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2016, 01:32:55 AM »
Here is some insight on how the car is made.
How it's made, Lamborghini Aventador
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FyDjyJvtYQ

Havemurci

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 89
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 10:52:34 AM »
Problem is the bodies we have contain flammable materials, I always kept one in the cockpit. I used to get the one PepBoys sold, peal off the wrapper and polish the aluminum, it looked great.

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 11:10:13 PM »
Fiberglass is used for insulation , its fire retardant

satinta

• Liked: 12
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 11:09:20 PM »
This happens a lot it seems. Would an exhaust leak cause it? I've seen people revving their Aventadors and Gallardos and flames coming out the tail pipe. Is the aventador carbon fiber? Maybe the resin that's used for the carbon fiber?
It reminds me of a problem we had when we used to race old Mopars. Under load a lot of unburned gas would collect in the exhaust system. Then under certain conditions the gas would ignite and  blow the mufflers to smithereens.  I think that is what's happening here.  The Lambo is going slow and the idiot behind the wheel is revving the engine. Not all the fuel is burned and since the exhaust is very short on the Aventadors unburned fuel is actually making it out of the tips and spraying on the ground and the bodywork. The fine mist of fuel in oxygen just needs one tiny spark or backfire to light the bodywork and start melting everything because the car isn't going fast enough to "outrun" the fire in slow traffic or at a stop light.
Anyway, it's just a theory

Rob James

• Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 04:21:32 PM »
What I was trying to say Ncrazyballa, maybe not so eloquently was, yes a replica Aventador made of fiberglass. And yes, I have seen some extremely good replica's that would fool more than the average person. I just wanted to know what could make this happen. I can see it melting, if it was fiberglass, but actually igniting into flames, that's another matter. Something like Notnilc20's reply about resin, seems plausible to me. That or some other highly flammable substance. But I was just curious to find out what you guys thought could start a fire like that. No need to rag on me.  ::scratch

Rob,
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 04:50:42 PM by Rob James »

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 11:58:05 AM »
This happens a lot it seems. Would an exhaust leak cause it? I've seen people revving their Aventadors and Gallardos and flames coming out the tail pipe. Is the aventador carbon fiber? Maybe the resin that's used for the carbon fiber?

All i know is, you should respect other people's things and not rev a engine like that. That ticks me off hearing stories like that.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 01:26:21 PM by notnilc20 »

ncrazyballa

• Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 11:26:00 AM »
Can someone please explain to me how this can happen? I mean if it was a real Aventador one would assume the body is made from metal, and shouldn't burn unless under extreme heat. Or was it a fiberglass body? Can an exhaust get so hot to actually ignite a fiberglass body, or is there something else going on here? Like maybe the paint igniting? I'm just trying to wrap my head around this.  :o

Rob,

P.S. If it was a real Lambo, can  you imagine how long that kid will have to pay off that joyride, on a Valet's salary! A frickin' lifetime, I would imagine!

fiberglass, aventador ::duh ? would you even consider that car in the video not a real aventador?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 11:29:23 AM by ncrazyballa »

Rob James

• Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 11:17:00 AM »
Can someone please explain to me how this can happen? I mean if it was a real Aventador one would assume the body is made from metal, and shouldn't burn unless under extreme heat. Or was it a fiberglass body? Can an exhaust get so hot to actually ignite a fiberglass body, or is there something else going on here? Like maybe the paint igniting? I'm just trying to wrap my head around this.  :o

Rob,

P.S. If it was a real Lambo, can  you imagine how long that kid will have to pay off that joyride, on a Valet's salary! A frickin' lifetime, I would imagine!

satinta

• Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 08:34:04 PM »
Bummin

lambo_sam

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
  • So. Cal, living the lambo dream everyday!
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/147611676@N08/albums