Author Topic: Special Construction Titles?  (Read 5340 times)

Rob James

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
Re: Special Construction Titles?
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 06:39:03 PM »
Tusabes, I love how you don't dance around the issue, just straight up answer the question........No Bull............as it were. Good on you Bro'.  ::thumbup

Rob,  ::beers

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
Re: Special Construction Titles?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 03:43:23 PM »
Once a car has a special construction title it is treated as any other car. So if you need to have a vin inspection in the new state, that will be what's needed. If you need a safety inspection or smog inspection in that new state , that will be what's needed

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Special Construction Titles?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 03:24:56 PM »
Clonies,

Question:

If a car is issued a Special Construction VIN and title in one state, if that car is sold to someone else in another state, is a full State Hwy inspection with parts receipts required (similar to a Salvage title) or just the normal out of state inspection that is a VIN / Title check and performed by most auto dealerships?  I'm assuming that once a title is in "registration state" that it can be transferred like any other title.

I realize that this might differ from State to State.  I would prefer to avoid "muddying the waters" on this one and I'm really asking for stories from those who have had experience with this please.

Thanks,

Chris