Author Topic: Countach chassis vs Diablo chassis  (Read 6055 times)

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
Re: Countach chassis vs Diablo chassis
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 10:30:17 PM »
Rob my friend, you snooze you looze, sorry.

Rob James

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 09:27:19 PM »
Ah Man!! Really.........?  :'(

Rob,

76mx

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 08:57:45 PM »
SOLD! Going to Canada.

Rob James

• Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2015, 09:42:41 AM »
Man, this is the first time in my life I actually wished I lived on the East coast and not the West!!  :'(

Rob,

marcro

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 07:45:09 AM »
Can you PM me your phone number and personal email?

76mx

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 09:33:27 PM »
I do not mean to hijack this thread but it seems the appropriate place to answer some questions about this chassis. It does not come with an International ISO VIN and MCO, but I can issue them to it, just not at that price. Here are some pics of the actual chassis that have been asked for. The only difference in the two is that the chassis in the first pics is coated with Lizard Skin Ceramic Heat Treatment and the actual chassis for sale is coated with Rhino Lining. These new pics are not entirely accurate either. They show it with the first generation a-arms and I think the ones in these pics are now on K9Cop's car. The chassis for sale has second generation DOM tig welded and powdercoated a-arms with the adjuster links built in.

76mx

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 10:22:17 PM »
Marcro,
   I built this chassis and it fits my Countach mold, which is very accurate. It was my standard tubeframe chassis. I have now gone to an aluminum composite monocoque chassis. This car was started but instead of finishing it with the steel chassis, it has been stripped and the parts used on an ACM chassis. The engine and drivetrain are out along with some other pieces. For $1,000 you get the bare chassis, a-arms and joints and linkage adjusters, and the spindles. I can leave any or all of the rest in or take it out and reuse it. Everything is brand new, this was a running and driving chassis. I would prefer to leave the wiring harness. Some of these parts are the shifter and cables, fuel tank and senders, motor mounts, pedals, brakes and lines, dash, gauges, steering column and linkage and rack and pinion, heater and air conditioner, radiator with fans and cooling plumbing. There is more I have forgotten, and some stuff that would be too much trouble to reuse I will throw in, but suit your budget on what you want.

marcro

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 02:50:21 PM »
Where in new york are you headed? I am by Buffalo or Niagara falls NY. I'm actually in Canada but if its bare it should not be a problem bringing it over. Can you send me some pictures and what all is included? Has it been made to fit a certain replica body like a Prova, Sienna or Armstrong or ? Did you build it? Abanonded project?

76mx

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 11:08:49 PM »
That was fast. The chassis is in Fort Worth, Texas. I am delivering a car to New York in January so anywhere along that route is possible.

marcro

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 11:05:18 PM »
Mmm, very interesting and very cool chassis, where are you located?

76mx

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 10:53:50 PM »
Marco,
   It is a whole lot easier to stretch a chassis 5-1/2" than it is to take 5-1/2" out of one and bring it to a Countach 98-1/2" wheelbase. I am also thinking that the door hinges and rear bulkhead will not line up. Even if the hinges line up, they are a totally different mechanism from the Countach to the Diablo and Merci. I have a Countach chassis like this for sale, C5 suspension but no drivetrain, $1,000 takes it.

marcro

Countach chassis vs Diablo chassis
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 06:59:34 PM »
I have an opportunity to buy a completed chassis built for a diablo. But I want to build a Countach. This chassis is all done and includes an LS6, six speed, transaxle, full C4/5 suspension etc. Will the diablo chassis fit a countach with minor mods? What would those mods be? Thoughts?