Author Topic: BATMOBILE COPYWRITE  (Read 1044 times)

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
Re: BATMOBILE COPYWRITE
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 09:20:16 AM »
01, patents and trademarks are issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Once that is done, it is just one more step to get them registered internationally, and almost all of them are, so no two mile limit. After that, there are only a few nations that do not recognize this protection and also only a couple, like China, who recognize it but choose to ignore it. As of last month the year long process is complete and I have the copyright to Chupacabra for anything related to automotive use. As a side note, Vaydor is still up for grabs, and to my great surprise, so is Z-28. 

76mx

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 08:40:39 PM »
01, this was a civil suit. They asked for protection and the civil court is obligated to litigate it. I think the overloading is on the criminal court side. Lawyers would never allow civil court to back up, too much money to be made. Don't know about the territorial waters but we can sure give away the Panama Canal.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 08:14:37 PM »
I'll buy that.  I've discounted my post 3 jokers.  I still think that it's funny that our overloaded judicial system has the time to protect a comic book.   Wait a minute.......how about selling them over the 2 mile territorial water limit???
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 08:17:44 PM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

76mx

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 04:00:54 PM »
01, he did not get sued for replicating the "Batmobile", he got sued for selling them at $90,000 apiece. There is a big difference. He is still able to replicate all of them he wants.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
BATMOBILE COPYWRITE
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 03:17:23 PM »
DC comics who have been around for decades, sued a mechanic (Mark Towle) for replicating the "Batmobile" on copy write infringement.  The way I see it is that DC Comics infringed on their own copywrite by having a replica Batmobile made.  Mark was only reproducing a "replica".  The copy write is on the cartoon.  If you built a replica that has the same electronical gadgets on it, you might be close to infringement, maybe, as long as it was only on paper.  Come ON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  A replica of a replica is only a replica so in other words look out if you have a black car with 4 wheels on it and some orange pin stripes Joker:) Joker:) Joker:)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 08:11:26 PM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired