How To - Tips > Glass

aventador glass

<< < (3/3)

Neils88:
rodartneva - PM sent

rodartneva:
I have the body already, it only uses oem glass because it's a really really really good replica. everything is oem spec and all parts will fit the real car like original. when I say fit I don't mean they are close I mean they bolt right to the factory mounts no fabrication necessary. Hi Neil, I saw your build recently. maybe we can work together on the glass. I'm looking for a couple guys to work with on having glass lights and suspension and electrical components manufactured to oem spec. I'm not new to this, I've seen some replies to some of my posts and i must say that I wouldn't tackle this with such ease if I hadn't done this before. I've built a couple cars in my day including an oem spec diablo replica which was great practice for tackling this project. the experience I've gained over the past 20 yrs is already proving valuable in cost, time, authenticity, and ease of build. Neil, if you get a chance will you please pm me. I may have some things that will help your build and I'd like to speak with you about the glass and lights.

Neils88:
I'm using a 2000 Infiniti I30 windshield.  It is shorter (by the wipers), but very close on the other 3 sides.  Paying $150 for a windshield just made more sense than $2500+.  I couldn't imagine the feeling of getting that first stone chip that turns into a crack...  People really familiar with an Aventador will probably pick out that the windshield is shorter, but for the general public, they'll never notice.  I always have the option to rework things a little later for an OEM windshield if I really want to...unlikely.  I might use OEM for the 6 side pieces, unless another option presents itself.  I've got close to $10K of OEM parts for my build and will probably double that by the time I'm finished.

01Lambiero:
It looks like you have your cart before your horse.  OEM parts do not necessarily fit some bodies without extensive modifications.  Get your body first, then make sure that your parts will fit.

rodartneva:
I'm building an aventador and have a windshield alreadt. I'm seeing if anyone else is using oem glass.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version