Author Topic: Automatic side window drop down 1"  (Read 2714 times)

jdinner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 25
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
    • KwikerCars
Re: Automatic side window drop down 1"
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 04:50:31 AM »
I made this diagram a while ago. This is how I wired my friends car and it works great.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1SnDPP2ZGm12-4VOmDR0YCqlExp3_4KvFlsuRWEP-84s/edit

jb1

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 02:38:12 AM »
   DEI 528T  is a pulse timer relay, you could use a  pin switch added to  door handle and time it for 1-2  secs  ....

Tony ,  that same switch  for $33  can be had for $5.99 , http://www.adafruit.com/products/481   
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 02:49:23 AM by jb1 »

tonypaul

• Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 02:20:13 PM »
The dei 530T does vent, but its not the setup your looking for. It vents with a touch of the remote, not automatically.

The reason for the windows dropping down prior to opening the door is so it doesn't yank out the top window seal it's embedded in. The windows are sealed by the sides and a top seal. After the alarm is turned on it moves the window deeper into the top sealing, something you wouldn't be able to do after you close the door. All roadsters now have this.

What I like about the 530T is its ability to close the windows when the alarms is triggered.

Yeah I understand what your saying, my BMW 850i has the window bump down feature when you just slightly lift the door handle. But with a little creative wiring someone could use the 530T to achieve something along this feature.

I purchased one of these little switches were you just touch your finger to this tiny panel and it activates what ever accessory is wired. I think I got it at AutoZone or something, I never used it but I will see if I can find some info on it...

This is the little panel touch switch I got- http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/RoGo-2-84-in-long-x-4-53-in-wide-x-1-58-in-high-058-lbs-15-Amps-12-Volts-bulk-universal-touch-switch/_/N-2696?itemIdentifier=208815_0_0_

My orginal plan was to install this kinda down in the area where I put my hand to climb (roll) out of my Diablo. I was going to wire it to my ground wire to my fuel pump as a anti-thief device, just in case I was ever to get car jacked while driving the car. I would just touch the switch on my out of the car shutting off the fuel pump. My car is a carb sbc for now so if I did get jacked the thieves would make it about 100-200 feet away.

But if someone could mount this panel switch in a hidden or not so well seen place and wired it into the 530T it could kinda work..... maybe ::scratch

or one like this- http://www.ebay.com/itm/PlasmaGlow-Activator-Blue-LED-Touch-Switch-Universal-/180993516366?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a240de34e&vxp=mtr
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 02:23:09 PM by tonypaul »

tonypaul

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 01:58:36 PM »
The dei 530T does vent, but its not the setup your looking for. It vents with a touch of the remote, not automatically.

The reason for the windows dropping down prior to opening the door is so it doesn't yank out the top window seal it's embedded in. The windows are sealed by the sides and a top seal. After the alarm is turned on it moves the window deeper into the top sealing, something you wouldn't be able to do after you close the door. All roadsters now have this.

What I like about the 530T is its ability to close the windows when the alarms is triggered.

Yeah I understand what your saying, my BMW 850i has the window bump down feature when you just slightly lift the door handle. But with a little creative wiring someone could use the 530T to achieve something along this feature.

I purchased one of these little switches were you just touch your finger to this tiny panel and it activates what ever accessory is wired. I think I got it at AutoZone or something, I never used it but I will see if I can find some info on it...

madmods

• Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 10:28:30 AM »

Keep dreaming-I'm sweating, glassing, welding and building every night!
Gagliardi Vendetta
Vetter Carrera Gt
Vetter Lp 640

tonypaul

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 07:37:44 PM »
I have this feature on my Diablo Roadster via the alarm system, you can add it on to most aftermarket alarms. You can get it on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEI-530T-CAR-ALARM-PWR-WINDOW-ROLL-UP-DOWN-VENT-MODULE-/270607782193?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item3f017b1131&vxp=mtr

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 07:21:59 PM »
I asked about this a couple of years ago on Mad Mechanics and Digi had some ideas on how to do this but nothing ever came of it. 

I was also looking for a easy way to index / trigger my rear spoiler (controlled by a linear actuator) from some type of pulse sensor or GPS that would convert wheel or axle rotation into speed.  At stop the spoiler would drop down to the flat position, at 35 mph to the quarter up position, at 50 to the 3/4 position and 65 and above would be full up.

Anyone have any ideas for these?

Chris

msaby

• Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 07:21:08 PM »
I actually built my own system with a series of common parts, my total cost probably less than $100 dollars.  I even have the windows roll up when you turn the key to lock the door.  It would be very difficult for me to describe how I did it, but I did take a few picture when I built the second door for another forum member.  I even built a safety measure into it so if the door is open you can't roll the window up and end up closing the door on the glass. Let me see where my pics are.  If you want I can try describe how  did it.  I don't want pollute your thread if this doesn't interest you.

Thanks
Mike

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
Automatic side window drop down 1"
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 06:07:09 PM »
i was riding with my friend in his Mustang ,when you start opening the door the door glass drop down about 1" ,is this a relay tied to the door opening handle or latch ,how complicated is it  .i would like to find out more about how this work  ....any ideas
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.