Author Topic: Hello everyone, from SC  (Read 3195 times)

sisqocracker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 45
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-0
Re: Hello everyone, from SC
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 09:57:49 PM »
Could be info here that could help others...

http://100mpgmotors.blogspot.com/2016/03/mar-31-booo-bad-cap.html

Thanks,
Coop

sisqocracker

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 10:05:49 PM »

sisqocracker

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 02:17:42 PM »
Already done.  My motor was boosted and had all the work done to it to be boosted.  Top of the shelf valves, springs, & keepers.  Lunati connecting rods, JE Forged pistons, splayed caps for mains.  It was 530 hp and 520 tq at the wheels with 11~12 psi on the huffer.  Vortech.  Water to air intercooled.  Anyhow.  My valves and running gear in that dept are already up to speed.  And I've posted elsewhere that you really need a motor that was originally blown or turbo and pull the boost of it for starters.  It's an easy way into a motor that is pretty much ready to go.  Should have stronger, if not forged pistons.  The biggest deal is a blower/turbo profile cam to have enough LSA in it to ensure the exh valve closes before the intake valve opens.  i.e. we don't blow boost out of our exhaust, so that's what we need for fumes too.  Look, we have CNG motors don't we?  Same thing applies there.  I don't really get the hang-up people have with it from a technology standpoint.  I think most people are feeling more than sheepish once they get it, to understand the level of lies they've lived under (for all of their lives).  THAT, is unnerving.  And enough for some to poo-poo on it and walk away with excuses falling out of their pockets all the way down the yellow brick road.  :-)

That's why I don't try to convince people of anything anymore.  If they get it, then they do, and maybe they'll do something, maybe they won't.  I'm leaving the info like breadcrumbs along the internet.  Folks can do with it what they will, if anything.  Why I was saying I don't care if they believe it or not.  There will be tons of data once the car is on the road.  Dyno test.  Circle track time with consumption tests.  Actual road miles on a road trip with live streaming video as I go along for those who want to sit around and watch it.  Those are probably the same ones who will never do anything.  :-)

And if I get a big pay day and told to shut up, that's fine.  I'm not stupid.  I'll take the money. Because plenty of people before me have been shut up one way or another.  I don't think I'd like the alternative.  :-)  I think that way is probably hazardous to your health.

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 01:29:15 PM »
I did some looking into this , it seems that the big companies like Crane cams  were going to join on to create a conversion kit for stock cars, but the valve train of a stock car would be damaged after 5/6000 miles. 

Smokey yunicks engine had upgraded internals that could handle it , but just adapting a stock engine would result in longevity issues - and from a cost benefit standpoint , there wasn't any savings in getting 50-100mpg but also needing a top end valve job every 6000 miles

If you build the engine with the stronger materials from the outset then you should be able to get both longevity and mileage

sisqocracker

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 12:38:38 PM »
I did a patent search in December 2012.  At that time, I found 964 patents for 100 mpg +.  The oldest one I found was from 1912.  So we have had (by then) an average of 9.6 patents a year for 100 years and still don't have this technology out there for us to use?  This is some BS!

I'm telling how to do it.  I am going to do it.  And it'll be out there for as long as they will allow the info to be out there.  We'll see what happens.  I really think that as long as people can afford the gas, they'll pay for it.  Only when it's crunch time do people care about this anyway.  Any other time there's no wailing and mashing of teeth about it.  So I think people are so brainwashed at this point that it'll be like the others that come and go over time.  No one will care later.  But I'm going to enjoy my cheap gas prices, regardless of what others do.  :-)

Like I've said before, I'm not doing anything new, plenty of people before me has done it.  I'm just open sourcing everything I'm doing so others can copy it if they wish.

Thanks,
Coop

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 12:54:08 AM »
Wow !! Great video !

The 100mpg carburetor is the stuff of legend and rumor has it the oil industry paid big $$ to silence it's development .  If you can bring it to market sign me up

Here's one of the smokey yunick articles

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/hrdp-1009-what-ever-happened-to-smokeys-hot-vapor-engine/#photo-01
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 01:10:13 AM by Tusabes »

sisqocracker

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 08:09:06 PM »
Oh it is plenty strong.  That was a coil-over suspension kit that was sold by a well-respected company, but who is no longer in business.  They were North American something.  There are guys on here who know them I'm sure.  they made this kit as a direct bolt on replacement for the 84-87 Fiero.  Gives you a wide track and uses S-10 hubs front and back.  Gives the proper offset and spacing to use them on Lambo kit cars to fit real Lambo wheels (I've bought real Murci wheels for mine).  But yeah triangles are strong and there is some of that in the design.  I'm not concerned about its rigidity.  Thanks for the concern though.

I do have a new video.  Everyone is commenting on how good it sounds.  I'm really pleased with that too.  Totally lucked out there.  I wasn't trying anything specific other than trying to do it as quickly as possible, and using the easiest method possible.  But yeah it turns out to sound amazing.  You can see towards the end of the video that I put a rag over an exhaust opening to close it off and hear it without that extra noise.  It sounded nice.  I'll be using that opening to feed the heat to my vaporizer box.  Sounds like an exhaust leak (and for good reason) while it isn't plumbed up yet.

Here's the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stO7MV5DFZE

Thanks,
Coop
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 09:12:58 PM by sisqocracker »

plans4sale

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 60
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 11:08:27 PM »
 Welcome to the forum, Mark! Your build looks informative and inspiring. Congratulations for sharing this with all of us!
 I would like to ask you about the thickness of the metal plates you used on your wear wheel hubs (uprights)? These walls seem a bit thinner than usual. And the welds are not along the whole length of where two pieces meet together. If it was mine project, I would think about making stronger ones at the cost of adding weight. Just for safety reasons.

Cheers,

Bobi
Custom 3d car & chassis design: https://www.facebook.com/sportni.koli.3
Finnluxury Tritium (FLT) body kit and chassis: https://www.facebook.com/finnluxury

sisqocracker

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 09:29:34 AM »
Up near the mountains.  Not too far from Greenville.  Town called Easley.

ElDiablo

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 09:54:05 PM »
Where in sc are you?

sisqocracker

Hello everyone, from SC
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 10:07:16 PM »
I'm listed on kitcentral with the same name.  I've made a lot of progress over the past year on my D&R Diablo Coupe build.  It's nearing drivable chassis stage now.  Was looking up some posts on here and thought I'd join and say hi.  I'm already blogging for a build diary, so my updates will really be on http://100mpgmotors.blogspot.com but I'll make a thread and drop links to updates here from time to time.  I'll be doing a high MPG car and will post up all of the data as I collect it too.  The site that explains the tech as I am implementing it is on http://100mpgmotors.com.  Better seen on a desktop than mobile (for that site).

Look forward to catching up with those I don't know from kitcentral.

Thanks,
Coop