Build Diaries > Diablo

D&R Coupe - just now building it

(1/22) > >>

sisqocracker:
I've been radio silent as I have been building on the Diablo again and not telling anyone.  I'm working on the seat belts right now.  I'll have to shoot some pics of what I have fab'd up for the center bracket to hold the 2 rollers in the top of the center console.
GF did help out with the radiator grills and center rear grill getting cleaned up and I then sprayed them this past Friday.  I got the center rear grill installed for a look.  It came out well enough to stay.  I've got the mesh I'll be installing sometime soon as well that goes inbehind of the grill.

I am posting some progress on the lambo builders group on fb.  But because I have always posted to this thread, I will continue to add updates here as well.  Hope you all are doing well.  I keep wanting "this year to be the year", but feel like I'm getting so much done and so close to paint, that I'll get it plausible this year and start driving it.  ::thumbup

Thanks,
Coop

sisqocracker:
I have an OpticArmor windshield in mine.  Was easy to cut with a jigsaw blade made for cutting plastic.  I made up my own framing to go around the windshield support area so that it will be easily removable if needed in the future. 

Here's the one I chose to use in my kit:
CAM931-4    1/4" Thick Windshield    WINDSHIELDS    $520.00
http://opticarmorwindows.com/applications-oversized-windows-detail.asp?model=Firebird%201993%20to%202002&manufacturer=Pontiac

jb1:
Siscocracker , is there any way I could get info on the windshield?
 I have a gen2 DnR have quarter glass and side windows but need the windshield..

sisqocracker:
Well.  Many moons ago I had great aspirations of my buddy fixing up my doors and getting my car in color.  sigh
Anyhow, here we are today.  The car is back in my garage, some other things that needed done are out of the way. i.e. new clutch in the Lotus Exige, LS swap into my 78 Trans Am, making that car drivable... so now we're back to being able to work on the Diablo once again!  ::bounce  ::rocker  ::headbang

Work to make a living is currently busy, but once I get a couple of thing put to bed there, I'll be back on the Diablo real regular.  I've got to restore it back to where it runs again.  Then I'll get it painted and the lights & horn to work.  After that, I think I'll get it inspected.   :)

I'll start posting progress on the build diary 100mpgmotors.com again as I get it back together.  I'll also make those same updates here with links to the new blog entries. 

Take care.  Glad to be back!   ::salute

sisqocracker:
Sorry I've been away for so long, but needless to say, my shop and I have had a come to Jesus meeting.  Yes.  It is still there.  No, it isn't painted yet.  Yes, there is a guy working on it every week now. 

And, I haven't looked in the threads yet for chatter, but are we thinking about Carlisle this year or no?

I'm thinking about it, because I think I will have 2 cars to show.  The Diablo but in color this time (Monterrey Blue) and minimal interior.  And my 78 Trans Am which I plan to have running on fumes also at that point, but carb instead of FI like the Diablo has been done.

What say you?

Oh yeah, and, I'm glad to be back.  I'll be posting up pics of the progress again shortly.  Already have some, but have to run for now.  Will post by the weekend if not later today.  I got to get back to Texas.  Yeah, a lot has changed, I live near Austin now.  I did get to go see LamboBuilder since I've moved there, took my Lotus Exige to go visit.  Oh yeah, I have an Exige now.  Lots to catch you guys up on.  :-) 

Take care,
Coop

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version