Author Topic: Ready to set body  (Read 2690 times)

drumseven

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
  • Heath Youmans
Re: Ready to set body
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 03:28:00 PM »
01 , yup mounted doors ,but gotta mount body to get them sealed in , time to press on, gotta get one of these MICHIGAN CAR'S done, LOL!!!  the pot holes are waiting, haha!

drumseven

• Heath Youmans
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 03:32:33 PM »
CCIE, thanx for the heads up, all great calls, exspeicaly the hidden compartment,absolutely BRILLIANT, never even thought of that,so that's getting installed, lol ,thanx again for sharing your knowledge! Drum,

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 10:53:44 AM »
You have already done a fit and adjust for your doors?

20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

CCIE

• Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 03:02:48 PM »
Congrats Drum7.....

Some thoughts:
Make sure you have ducting in place for the proper airflow spiceally in your engine bay. Hot air has to exit else it will circulate in your engine bay.
Make sure you insulate any point that will bump with each other with rubber stoppers.... After owning several replicas it is really annoying when you drive a car, hit a bump and it sounds like a go cart. this is from all the body panels hitting each other and the frame.....
Make sure you weld skate board wheels to the front frame assembly so if you hit a bump the wheel will lift the front end (even if you have air lift)
Make sure you think about weight distribution, don't over load the back end.
Engine heat engine heat engine heat........ Make sure you cut out the rear vent (in my case the trunk is a major issue blocking the heat, consider removing the fiero trunk (that is if you are building it on a fiero) and put a sub-frame back there)
Consider putting access points where you will need easy access like changing fluids, lightbulbs, door, ect

O and just one more thing........ Build a secret compartment for all the chick's phone # you will get so your significant other wont find them   ;)

CCIE

« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 03:05:08 PM by CCIE »

drumseven

• Heath Youmans
Ready to set body
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 01:14:35 PM »
Getting ready to do final body set on my Diablo roadster ,going to use 3m windsheld weld urethane on all the gravity points , along with glassed in kicker supports ,and various bolting  points, any advice, tricks, or thoughts, i have been almost  5 years to this point, "STEADILY " have tried to cover all the bases, but of course there will be something ill wish i had done ,but i must push on ,thanx ,drum