Author Topic: micro switch  (Read 2593 times)

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 285
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
Re: micro switch
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 07:27:00 PM »
 Mike, OH BTW THANKS for the heads up about the OEM actuators. the price is right when shopping at  junk yards.  ::beers

★Murci-Me★

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 07:08:35 PM »
LOL ok. Without you posting the specs of the switch, I can tell you with 99.9% certainty that if it is a true "microswitch", The rating of forward voltage (@12v) is well below 1 amp. Your door solenoid draws at least 3 amps unrestricted.
Most all (99.9%) "momentary" microswitches have their own return built in, unlike regular on/off switches that lock in their position.
Go ahead and use the momentary micro hooked to a relay that controls voltage to the solenoid. The switch will self disconnect once the handle is released.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 07:12:39 PM by ★Murcie-Me★ »

eddie

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 11:16:09 AM »
Ron , those actuator(s) are from Cadillac
Since MM and Lambo Sam mentioned those from China sucks (like everything else) I'm using them to open doors but have secondary cable for incase of power fail. Anyway I'm going on weekend to double check about the micros. I was told back then they are ok for 12v . But I'll ask again
Thank you guys

RT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 10:09:16 AM »
Eddie...
Even a momentary switch will make constant contact if you don't release it such as you described what you want it to do.  A spring used to return the handle (switch tripper) after use will cancel the switch contact as long as you release the handle.  That applies to a regular or momentary switch.
You have the right idea checking the capacity of the switch.  No one here can tell you with any kind of accuracy what your switch capacity is unless and until you tell us the switch's specs.  Check the power requirements of your popper and compare it to your switch specs.
The popper only requires a short power application to work, so wanting to release the power is the right idea.  The popper should return after doing its job when the power is off.
There are other ways to assure the power is off after the job is done but that could be considered overkill.  It is up to you.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

eddie

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 05:11:51 AM »
RT , once Jim told me put relay on any switching  , the spring  good idea.
 Murcie, I'll double check with the store about it.
 thank you

★Murci-Me★

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 03:48:39 AM »
Micro switches wont handle the amperage required by the door popper solenoid. You need a momentary microswitch to control the relay.

RT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 10:56:30 PM »
Eddie,
It sounds like all you need to do is attach a spring to the handle that activates the limit switch so it will return, canceling the limit switch and the power it sends.
Also, I'm not sure why you need a relay in the circuit.  If you just use a switch at the door handle, with a spring return handle, that should do the job.

Maybe I'm missing something here.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

eddie

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 06:40:29 PM »
oh I wired the switch  as horn chart but I would like to get get cut off power once it opens , right now I have to push the lever back  for the power off

eddie

micro switch
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 06:18:23 PM »
can some one post a chart of how to wire micro switch with relay to pop door lock  please ? just open, not two way. ::beers thank I'l be back