Build Diaries > Murcielago

Nickmkk's Build

<< < (2/16) > >>

nickmkk:
I used the mirror holders out of the Impreza mirrors.  I had to cut them down because the Impreza mirror glass is taller but they'll give me something to attach the Murcielago mirror glass too.  I still need to cut off the sides but I left them on while I was building the mirrors because the lip helped me see where the surface of the glass would be.

--- Quote from: AdrianBurton on March 14, 2017, 09:52:39 AM ---I NEEDED to see this post, I got the civic mirrors and plan to do the same thing

What did you use for the "mirror holder"

--- End quote ---

AdrianBurton:
I NEEDED to see this post, I got the civic mirrors and plan to do the same thing

What did you use for the "mirror holder"

autopro:
Wow that's great work Nick, glad to see that you are back on it.  I'm sure a lot of people will find this very helpful, thanks for posting it.  ::thumbup

nickmkk:
Spring is right around the corner and it's about time I get back to work.  I decided to start back by making my mirrors work since that's something I could do inside and away from the cold.  I used a set of 01 JDM Imprezza mirrors because they looked small and the price was right.  I had to cut them up to make it work but they turned out alright and work great.

nickmkk:
I decided to glue the louvers to flat bar to hold them straight, I'll have to straighten them out more with body work but I think it will work.  I also finished reinforcing the trunks and doors, hopefully I left enough room for the power windows.  I won't get around to hinging these anytime soon but I wanted to get this done before it gets much colder here. 

I think I'll sort out the fuel door area next then work on mounting the body to the chassis, temporarily of course, I'll blast and paint the chassis eventually.  I wanted to mount tail lights and rear grills before setting the body on the chassis but I'm hoping Schulze comes through with awesome replica tail lights.   
:drool

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version