Build Diaries > Murcielago

Nickmkk's Build

<< < (15/16) > >>

nickmkk:
I didn't get very far this weekend but at least I got help setting the body on the chassis.  It looks like everything is lining up ok, now to mount this thing to the chassis. 

I think the first step will be to create the rear radiator mounts and pick up the rear mounting point of the body.  Also, It looks like I need to fix the windshield frame, things definitely don't seem to be lining up.  It looks like I need to cut the top of the a pillars and reattach them flush with the flange for the top of the windshield, has anyone seen this before?

nickmkk:
I decided to remove the battery box, I can still put the battery in that location if there's room, it looks better either way.

Also, I threw the rear suspension in so I can roll it around and work on mounting the body, hopefully I'll make some progress on that this weekend if I can get help lifting the body.   ::bounce

autopro:
Good progress there, you'll have the body back on in no time!

nickmkk:
I made up for some lost time today and finished the welds to close up the rear engine compartment.  Also, I welded in pieces to close up the front firewall.   ::headbang  It feels like that took way to long, lol.

Soon I'll be test fitting the body and mounting the rear radiators, can't wait to see the body sitting on it again.    ::toothy

nickmkk:
I almost finished closing up the sides of the engine compartment when the welder ran out of argon gas. :'(  I guess I'll just finish grinding these welds then sit around drinking beer for the rest of the weekend, lol.

Also, I have a feeling the battery is not going to work in that location when I stuff a V8 in there, I'll just relocate it later if it's a problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version